Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Confused

(10 Posts)
Avpixie27 Wed 07-Sep-16 20:58:15

Basically ive been with my partner technically 3 years, we broke up for 3 months and then started to see each other then i fell pregnant. We have had arguments like all couples. He used to play games every day rather than play with our son and i suffered extremely with depression (which i have suffered with since teen years). He would be in family photos but in the background playing his console. Under his suggestion i got counselling and went on anti depressants. Eventually we signed up for a mortgage in may and it was going ok, everything settled. Then pokemon go came out and he started going out alot at night after work so wouldnt see his son and then he met some people and decided to not come home until 6am. He then told me about these people joking that he was having an affair with one of the girls. We had a fight and i stayed at my parents house (literally next street over) and didnt hear off him for 2 weeks, he then told me to come have a chat and said i needed to change my attitude and think of my son. Since being back home (for 1 week) he has continued to come home after 3am and the one day he promised to be a family he didnt come home until 10am

SpiritedLondon Wed 07-Sep-16 23:37:46

How old is he? He sounds about 16

Resilience16 Thu 08-Sep-16 04:15:36

If he refuses to acknowledge he has a problem then he isn't going to change. You can't make him change. Does he have any good points? What, if anything, are you getting out of this relationship? He sounds immature at best, and manipulative and unpleasant at worst, plus us now possibly cheating.
Seriously, you deserve better as does your kid. Well done for getting some counselling and ADs. I would continue with the counselling to work on your self esteem, and look at your options in terms of getting this loser out of your life.
Good luck x

Avpixie27 Thu 08-Sep-16 13:27:03

Hes going to be 23 at the end of the month

movpov Thu 08-Sep-16 13:43:44

YOU have to change your attitude and think of your son?!!! You have 2 children. Get rid of him, he is no use to you or your son unless he grows up fast

Avpixie27 Thu 08-Sep-16 13:56:52

I just feel like when he is present and isnt on his phone its great, like at the park he will play with him. I dont see my life without him

0dfod Thu 08-Sep-16 16:12:59

No use flogging a dead horse Op.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 08-Sep-16 16:20:03

I dont see my life without him
Why not?
What does he bring to the relationship with you?
From what you say, nothing but worry and crap.
Why oh why oh why do you think so little of yourself that you are prepared to put up with this behaviour?
Seriously!
Get away from him.
He can have fun with his DC on his own in the park.
Why do so many women think so little of themselves.
It makes no sense to me.
Maybe get yourself some counselling to understand why you think this is all you deserve?

acdcfan Thu 08-Sep-16 16:22:36

Wow. He needs to grow up. He's the one acting up but YOU need to change your attitude??? Get rid, you'll be so much better off and so will your child!

pallasathena Thu 08-Sep-16 18:48:38

Fantastic role model for your son isn't he?
Suggest you either get some urgent counselling sessions organised or read up on letting toxic people dictate your life. You will end up an emotional mess if you continue down this path, indeed, you sound not far off from it given the way you are being treated.
This is no way to live your life. Get some help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now