Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Birthday suggestions please

(3 Posts)
somanymiles Tue 06-Sep-16 18:11:10

I have a new man in my life (yay!) and my birthday is coming up. I will have just had foot surgery so probably not very mobile. Money is a bit tight for us both. His cooking skills are limited. He has asked what I would like to do, but I am a bit stumped (no pun intended). Suggestions, please for something romantic that will make my birthday really special.

NotTheFordType Tue 06-Sep-16 21:00:06

When you say not very mobile, would you be able to go out to a restaurant if you were dropped off at the door?

If not - I'd say get a Deliveroo of your favourite restaurant (or he could personally ask the restaurant as a favour, would they as a special one-off do a takeout of your fave meal), set up your front room as a snuggly love-nest with lots of pillows and cushions, get an illegally downloaded recent film a copy of a recently-released film you want to watch, and settle in for the night. Don't forget bottle of fizz.

I'm sure you can manoeuvre your injured foot around and still achieve a satisfying shag for both of you grin

somanymiles Wed 07-Sep-16 20:33:41

LOL! Not sure we can stretch to Deliveroo but maybe a posh M&S ready meal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now