Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

New baby NC with family - hold my hand please

(3 Posts)
Fuzzywuzzywasabear Sun 04-Sep-16 14:43:07

Afternoon all, as the title says really I have a new born baby and I'm NC with my mother, grandmother and brother.

People keep asking about grandma and when are they coming to see us etc. And I'm struggling.

I feel so sad and alone. sad

spacefrog35 Sun 04-Sep-16 14:51:21

Firstly congratulations on your baby flowers

It's totally understandable that you're feeling a little fragile at the moment. It's also really unfortunate that what people mean to be throw away questions can be so loaded with difficulty. It's totally up to you how you want to respond. "In due course" is pretty non commital but might invite further questions. "We don't speak" should shut up most although there will always be the odd sensitive soul who then wants to know all the details!

Do you have support? Are DH's family around? For totally different reasons I didn't have my family around, my local Children's Centre have been wonderful at providing the 'authority' figure I needed.

Mostly just enjoy cuddling your little one xx

Aussiebean Sun 04-Sep-16 14:53:36

I am little to do with my m. When my son was born people would say 'oh you mum must be so excited'.

I am at the stage now where I shrug my shoulders, shake my head a little and say 'nah she isn't interested '

Short and too the point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now