Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I just don't know anymore....

(8 Posts)
user1472918490 Sat 03-Sep-16 17:27:33

I've been with my partner for a year and a half. He has always treated me really well, but he has real commitment issues and I'm wondering whether it's time to just move on.

He's great with my kids, but when it's just him and I, although he makes me laugh and smile, he is constantly joking about breaking up, cheating on me and comparing me to other women.

I've sort of got used to it now, but I don't know if I should be. Does anyone else's partner behave like this towards them?

IzzyIsBusy Sat 03-Sep-16 17:30:13

Erm no.

Have you spoken to him anout his odd sense of humour?

KurriKurri Sat 03-Sep-16 17:30:46

He sounds like an arse. Have you told him you don't like him talking that way ?

You shouldn't have to 'get used' to bad behaviour - I've been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. It feels so good when you don;t have to put up with it any more.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sat 03-Sep-16 17:31:04

Doesn't sound like his jokes are actually funny at all.
Time to walk away before your self esteem is in tatters.

KeepCoolCalmAndCollected Sat 03-Sep-16 17:47:19

He sounds appealing.
Seriously, why are you with such a pr**k?

Helloitsmeeeee Sat 03-Sep-16 17:49:27

Next time he threatens to go off with another woman I would say, go on then. And let him go.

Honestly I wouldn't put up with that nonsense for a moment longer.

Ninasimoneinthemorning Sat 03-Sep-16 17:53:27

Listen to wait he is telling you. Subconscious or not he is actually telling you how he feels. Some men like the easiness of a ready made family they can flit in and out with no responsibilities, a women with kids is often seen as an easy touch.

Get rid love - there are decent blokes out there that don't say this shit

Naicehamshop Sat 03-Sep-16 17:55:49

Sounds horrible - this is not something to joke about.
Kick him into touch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now