Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My fucking aunt

(7 Posts)
BathshebaDarkstone Sat 03-Sep-16 12:16:07

The aforementioned fucking aunt offered to pay for DD's birthday party in the Sainsbury's café back in March, it's her birthday next week, so I reminded my aunt and asked if it was OK, she rang me when we were out, tried to talk me into booking a different venue for a different date, told me like I was an idiot what I need to buy, then told me I was being rude because I had to deal with DS in public. If she'd kept her mouth shut in front of DD in March, we could have booked what DD chose and paid for it ourselves. angry

Alohamora Sat 03-Sep-16 12:17:42

Can't you still book and pay for something yourselves now? Or will it cause all sorts of issues?

BathshebaDarkstone Sat 03-Sep-16 17:33:16

DD's really set on having it there now, also her birthday's next week, most places need a month's notice. sad

I'm just sounding off really. smile

Alohamora Sat 03-Sep-16 22:21:55

Good luck then. I hope everything goes as well as it can do and that Aunt behaves herself smile.

Hissy Sat 03-Sep-16 22:23:55

If your aunt hasn't book anything, then tell the dd the truth, and choose somewhere else

AtSea1979 Sat 03-Sep-16 22:28:50

DD is set on having her birthday party at Sainsburys confused surely you can persuade her out of that one. How old is DD going to be?

Iflyaway Sat 03-Sep-16 22:36:03

Your Note to self: Deal with it this year but NEVER accept some family member is going to do what you want to your liking if they have taken over

Next year: organize it all yourself and invite her, or not.

I get maybe it was a money/family thing, but don't put your personal power into someone else's hands.

That way madness lies, as you have found out.

Hope it all works out anyway and you all have a great time.

Remember. It's DD's day, neither of yours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now