Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Gossipy neighbour.

(8 Posts)
Vonnie2016 Thu 01-Sep-16 14:40:26

Hardly a relationship issue but needed a small rant.
Had a lot happen to me in last year husband left me, went no contact with my DM and SD after an inccident where they were pretty horrible to me, with regards to my sons behaviour (there was a thread on here about it, where my two year old son didn't want to play and they flipped out at him shouted at him and calling me a bad mother) turns out my son is on the Autism spectrum and can't handle people invading his personal space so would meltdown, never had an apology etc, pretty toxic people to say the least so cut ties.
Anyway, over the last few months I have been hearing from my direct next door neighbours (who are lovely ) that the nosey old trout opposite us has been using my marriage breakdown (and most horrendous time of my life) as the streets gossip fodder.
No one has told her this information she just spends her entire day snooping out of her window and has put two and two together.
Just bumped into her and she said ooh I haven't seen your DM for a long time, is she alright?
I just said yes she is fine and carried on walking.
When I really wanted to say " None of your F*cking business, as if I am going to tell you anything about my life so you can spend your afternoon standing on your door step telling all the other old gossips who have absolutely nothing better to do!"
I am so angry that people would stoop this low and think it's perfectly acceptable to use horrible times in someone's life as some sort of entertainment.
angry

SangtheSun Thu 01-Sep-16 14:45:59

I went through a horrendous time some years ago. I had a police alarm in my house and other stuff I won't go into now.

My neighbour loved it! A soap opera on her doorstep. She actually put me in danger, stirring things up for a bit more drama.

Some people are just like this. They love the drama, the gossip, hoping to be the first with an exclusive.

I went nc with her eventually. Not easy with her living next door, but I had so much to deal with I couldn't come up with a better strategy. At least she was no longer getting any information from me and I wasnt hearing any scare-monger ing back.

Hold your head up, ignore the pathetic woman and just get on with your life.

Vonnie2016 Thu 01-Sep-16 15:19:49

God that sounds horrible, I stopped speaking to her a while ago just say hello, as she would always try and draw me into gossiping about other neighbours, i just wasn't interested in what her at number 20 was eating for her dinner.
My nice neighbour who told me she had been gossiping about me did say to her maybe things like this shouldn't be used as gossip. Obviously went straight over her head.
I might put a big fat sign in my front bedroom window telling her to f off. wink

adora1 Thu 01-Sep-16 15:57:38

I would have told her exactly why I was telling her FA OP, I'd completely ignore the old trout.

adora1 Thu 01-Sep-16 15:59:11

In fact, I don't talk to many of my neighbours, it's a nod or a hello and nothing else, I don't want involved with them, they are not living next to me by choice or liking, it's just geographical so who are they to me, nobodies.

Vonnie2016 Thu 01-Sep-16 16:16:29

Yep, in future I will.
Most of my neighbours are pretty nice but we stick to just a hello in the street.
I think if I hadn't had my two children with me when I saw her today I would've said something. But I just smiled and walked off.
She even gossips about her own grown up children, think she is beyond help! grin

Ineedmorelemonpledge Thu 01-Sep-16 18:31:20

Stop a few of the other neighbours and tell them how shocked you were to find out that the noisy old twunt was growing cannabis in her loft....

Vonnie2016 Thu 01-Sep-16 21:29:33

Brilliant! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now