Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Pelvic floor gadgets

(13 Posts)
CuppaTease Wed 24-Aug-16 15:41:40

Hello everyone!smile
First post and I won't beat about the bush, so to speak. Sorry that this might be in the wrong place but it wouldn't let me post in the sex category.
I'm in the market for some sort of pelvic floor exerciser. There seem to be 2 different types, weights and electronic ones. Then there are loads of different brands for eachieving type. I'm confused which one to go for. Has anyone tried both kinds or can recommend one?
I am lucky in the fact I don't have too much trouble with incontinence (apart from a little leak occasionally if I've been jumping around a bit too hard when I need a wee). The main reason I want one is because I'm not getting any younger and I miss the sensations I used to feel during sex when I was in my early 20s (I'm 37 now with 1 DS of 6). It's just not as 'responsive' down there as it used to be. I've also just started seeing someone new (early days) and don't want to disappoint him as I know sex is as important to him as it is to me.
I'm not disciplined enough to do squeezes and I want something that's going to give me better results. Reading up on these things I'm lead to believe they're the way forward, but which type and which one?
Many thanks

roundandround4x4 Wed 24-Aug-16 15:46:27

If you look on Amazon for the LadySystem Pelvic floor exercise therapy - 5 cone set. £39.95. It is fantastic, I think I repaired my pelvic floor muscles in around 12 weeks, but felt a difference after 3 weeks. Sensations during sex are so much more improved, I have actually got my teenage sex drive back because its so good now!!!

JellyBean31 Wed 24-Aug-16 16:35:43

I found the weights rubbish, tbh. Like you no major problems and I could keep them in when I was still & concentrating but not whilst moving round (and who has the time to stay still). My sister who does have stress incontinence couldn't keep them in at all... Even the lightest one!

That was when I was married when I thought that was why he wasn't interested in penetrative sex anymore... Turns out that was just with me hmm Gave up after that tho as I'm newly sexually active too.. I am considering looking at the electronic ones!

CuppaTease Wed 24-Aug-16 20:46:09

The weights I like the look of aren't cheap and I don't want to waste my money if they're going to flop out on the floor in the supermarket lol! The fact that you can pop them in then go out was a selling point over the electronic ones for me.
Which ones did you have jellybean?

CuppaTease Wed 24-Aug-16 20:49:09

Quite fancy getting back my teenage sex drive! I'll definitely look at those haha.

pinkieandperkie Wed 24-Aug-16 20:57:49

I used the Aquaflex weights. Yes they do pop out at first but that just shows that there is room for improvement. I just persevered and after a couple of days your muscles can hold them in place and you can gradually add wrights. You have to use for 20 minutes a day standing up not sitting down. I use them when I shower which takes 20 minutes by the time you've showered done your teeth etc. after a couple of weeks I really noticed a big difference and after six weeks I could hold in all the weights. Got mine online I think about £25. I think 12 weeks is recommended for maximum results.

JellyBean31 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:17:07

Yes it was the aqua flex ones I had too. I used them in the shower as well but I only take about 5 mins, I nearly broke the shower screen once when I bent down to pull hair from the plughole & it flew out at high speed... Hahahahaha

CuppaTease Thu 25-Aug-16 07:46:06

Haha I thought that only happened with ping pong balls!
Ok I'm going to order the Intimate Rose ones on Amazon I think. I've put it off enough. If you order an electronic one let me know how you get on x

ClaraLane Thu 25-Aug-16 07:53:08

I've had lots of physio for stress incontinence and they loaned me an electronic exerciser thing but I hated it, I felt so self conscious lying on my bed with it pulsing away so I gave it back. Sadly there's nothing else they can do for my pelvic floor so I'll probably have to have an operation after I've had children (none in the cards just yet!). It probably works really well but for me there was a massive mental block around using it that I just couldn't get past.

bumblemouse Thu 25-Aug-16 08:02:30

There was a MN product test for an electric one about a month ago and it got very good reviews but I can't find the thread anywhere, does anyone remember which one that was?

CuppaTease Thu 25-Aug-16 08:07:57

Have you thought about using weights? They probably are less daunting than using a 'machine'. No different to popping a tampon in I expect. Like others have said you can use them while you do your normal morning bathroom routine so that might take your mind off the fact you're using them rather than the other ones where you are laying there thinking about it.

CuppaTease Thu 25-Aug-16 08:10:37

I'm new here so I wouldn't know where or how to look for it x

ClaraLane Thu 25-Aug-16 09:37:54

I've just downloaded the NHS Squeezy pelvic floor exercise app so I'm hoping that will help. We're thinking of TTC soon so I want the situation to improve a little beforehand if possible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now