Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Question - if you need to leave a partner/husband because of their poor behaviour, do they have time with your mutual children?

(2 Posts)
ITCouldBeWorse Tue 23-Aug-16 22:16:27

I am curious, but not wanting to put anyone on the spot - it's not my business really.

I have friends who have separated tbh because their other halves were just a bit rubbish - selfish, uninvolved, sort of married Disney dads. Not strictly abusive, but not good partners or fathers.

Do they step up and improve? Do they drift and not contact their dc? It must be so hard to leave your mutual dc with a dad who is on the hopeless - neglectful continuum. Do courts listen?

I apologise if I sound nosey, I just wonder if it is why some women put of with crappy relationships.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Tue 23-Aug-16 23:09:51

Courts listen to what's in best interests for the DC, not the parents!

You can't force parents to have contact though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now