Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Confused by friendship

(1 Post)
pw2212 Sun 21-Aug-16 19:53:31

So for the last couple of months, I've been talking a lot to a work colleague - I've been single for just over two years but still have a lot of problems with ex due to mental health issues, alcohol abuse etc. Friend has only been single since the beginning of the year but also has similar problems.

We started talking at the beginning of July and are now in a position where we text each other daily - sometimes for hours at a time. We also have coffee together at work a couple of times a week although have only meet outside of work once.

I am struggling to understand if he is just a good friend or wants something more. He hugs me when I'm upset etc and some days will text for hours but then other days is pretty quiet. He tells me how nice I'm looking at work but it's almost like he says something and then backs off.

I know we both have complicated home lives - he has custody of his son. Am I over thinking this and should I just wait to see what happens? Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now