Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Don't know what to do

(8 Posts)
itsallgonetoshit Fri 19-Aug-16 10:46:32

ExH sent me this message:

You have to atone for the things you have done, and you will.

In the past he has strangled me and threatened to kill me. He broke into my house a couple of months ago.

Please tell me what I should do. I feel paralysed by fear.

CreepingDogFart Fri 19-Aug-16 10:52:06

Show the police. Get it logged. And tell your family.

JustForThisTopic Fri 19-Aug-16 10:52:14

Ring 101.

💐

itsallgonetoshit Fri 19-Aug-16 11:00:23

What if they don't believe me? They didn't believe me when he hit me.

user1471449340 Fri 19-Aug-16 11:02:03

Can you show them the message? Sorry you are going through this flowers

itsallgonetoshit Fri 19-Aug-16 11:02:57

Yes. I just don't know if it's threatening enough for them to take it seriously.

magoria Fri 19-Aug-16 11:05:37

Show the police. Tell them how scared you are. You won't know until you speak to them what they may be able to do.

If they do nothing you at least have a record of anything does happen for them to see it is premeditated and then take further action.

Patientgriselda Fri 19-Aug-16 11:07:00

The evidence of the text should mean that it's impossible for them NOT to believe you. If they think it isn't serious enough for them to be able to do anything, that's a different thing, but it's not the same as them not believing you that he sent a text that has made you afraid. Please don't let that fear stop you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now