Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Meeting daughters Nan for the first time Friday

(3 Posts)
Vn18393 Tue 16-Aug-16 14:31:39

Hi
Posted the other day. My daughters dad doesn't want to be involved at this moment, he says he needs time although that time may never come, she's 1 and he's never met her and we live 150 miles from eachother.

I decided to message his mum who had no idea about me or my daughter!! He told me he told her which turned out to be a lie! This is her second grandchild but her first grandchild from him.

I emailed her explaining that I don't expect her to change his mind but if she wanted a relationship with my daughter she was welcome. She contacted me and asked to meet face to face rather than holding a conversation over the phone. We have arranged to meet 50 miles from me at a resteraunt at 7pm on Friday, so obviously can not bring my daughter. I think she just has the intentions to "talk" with me regarding the situation etc opposed to meeting daughter straight away as obviously she had no idea before this.

Just really nervous now, was expecting her to invite me to hers for a quick chat not at a resteraunt...

Don't know what to expect or what she's going to have to say? Also unsure if I should get some pictures printed for her of dd since she's not coming and my phones to crap to work.

SexNamesRFab Tue 16-Aug-16 16:06:05

I remember your post. Please don't be offended, but you strike me as very vulnerable and needing to be loved (for both you and your daughter). I'd be very wary of this woman, her son has let your daughter down badly and he must have learnt his lack of responsibility from somewhere! She should be bending over backwards to set up a relationship with her granddaughter and you should be assessing whether she's worthy of having contact, not trying to gain her love by printing off pictures etc. keep things on your terms and don't expect anything from her.

NotMyMoney Tue 16-Aug-16 19:41:25

Hopefully she wants to meet to get to know you so your DD can feel that she isn't a stranger. I wouldn't meet her without your DD though tell her you can't get a sitter and can you meet up earlier in stead

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now