Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feel numb

(6 Posts)
Harrow103 Mon 15-Aug-16 02:03:45

I had a wonderful relationship with hubby and 2 kids but it's all falling apart married 17 years together 25 years. Things changed 9 months when his business went wrong self employed but he seems to be taking it on me, because he was betrayed by his friends. He accuses me of bizarre things he says he doesn't trust anyone. We don't talk just basic about kids. He sleeps on sofa. I don't know what to do. Was my best friend, did not put effort on friendship now l feel lost and confused. Crying and scared of getting ill. I haven't done anything wrong. Always put my family first,work full time.

Loulou0 Mon 15-Aug-16 02:22:53

Sorry to hear you are going through this. Please try to take care of yourself for your kids' sake.

rumred Mon 15-Aug-16 08:16:50

Look after yourself for you is the most important thing actually.
Have you friends family you can talk to? Perhaps counselling would help come to terms with things. And perhaps you need a period off sick, if possible.
Your h may be mentally unwell. Would he see a Gp?
Sounds awful for you.

WingsofNylon Mon 15-Aug-16 08:31:31

He is unfairly taking out his pain regarding his business on you. Would be visit his gp if you asked?
So sorry to read this. Holding your hand.

Harrow103 Fri 19-Aug-16 05:32:30

Thank you so much for your support and kindness. Yes l have suggested counselling, he's agreed but says not now. Communication is very difficult right now. I'm so angry with him, for doing this to us. I have started looking for counsellors, not sure which one is the best, please any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

peeblesriver Fri 19-Aug-16 10:30:45

I remember I was in this situation 4 years ago. Sad to go through

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now