Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Why does he ask ? Grrrr

(7 Posts)
user1470296287 Wed 10-Aug-16 19:54:09

Hi, just a quick question have to get this off my chest as its really annoying me.
Everytime my separated(he left me) husband see's my 15yr old Son which is usually once a week he always ask's "Hows your Mum" and my Son always responds with" yeah ok" lol so not ever going to get any info out of him, he tells me every time he comes home and laughs about it. I don't say much just pretend to laugh it off because i don't want Son feeling awkward.
Why does he have to ask him? is it to make himself look better in front of my Son because if it is i would prefer him not to ask.
Sorry if this seems petty but i just wish he didn't involve my poor boy as he is upset enough.
Thanks for listening x

pegomassive1 Wed 10-Aug-16 19:56:39

Maybe he wants to know how you are confused MIL and FIL are divorced with new partners. They both ask me and Dh "how's mum/dad's
Surely is just a pleasant thing to say
And if he's not going into nitty gritty details and exdh is not grilling and questioning there isn't a problem really is there?

SandyY2K Wed 10-Aug-16 19:57:30

Probably wants to sound like he's still a caring chap. Or maybe to see what you're up to.

Good job your son doesn't give anything away.

Your current status just keeps you in limbo land though.

Diamogs Wed 10-Aug-16 19:58:44

I ask the DCs how XH is. When I see XH and handover I ask how he is.

It's polite and I want all to be well with him as if it isn't it impacts on the DCs.

ShatnersBassoon Wed 10-Aug-16 20:00:03

I think he's just being polite. It would be weird to not mention you, so he asks something that doesn't require much of a response. He probably doesn't care how you are, he's just trying to act normal.

allthatnonsense Wed 10-Aug-16 20:00:25

My Dad really doesn't like my mum, but he always asks me when I last spoke to her and tells me to call her if it's been too long.
He doesn't like her much, but he still cares and he loves me. Maybe it's a similar thing?

user1470296287 Wed 10-Aug-16 20:05:16

I suppose without the full story that might seem like a silly question pegomassive1, but he left unexpectedly and hasn't explained the reason why(suspect OW) or spoken to me other than email for 5 months.
Just a general question as its not fair on my Son as if he really was being caring he would ask me and not pump him for info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now