Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Aibu

(6 Posts)
Mamalicious16 Fri 05-Aug-16 16:45:55

IAR 6+ months. We've NEVER had a weekend or whole day together just us He's had last two and a half weeks off work. He's making /made plans left right and centre for him/his son/to see his family/ I've even looked after his son twice so he can attend appointments. I just want a wholeday and night together. Am I being needy?

8angle Fri 05-Aug-16 16:47:27

I think you are probably being a mug - he is not that into you and is just using you for convenience, sorry

Resilience16 Fri 05-Aug-16 18:22:11

Go with your gut feeling. If he wanted to spend more time with you, he would.If he never spends the night with you I'd be wanting to know why to be honest.

Cabrinha Fri 05-Aug-16 18:28:39

It doesn't sound a serious enough relationship (on his part) to be introducing his son to you, let alone leaving him with you.

10 months in and my boyfriend and I are yet to get a weekend together - he works Sat, we both have kids. It's rare to get a whole day and night that doesn't involve at least a meal with his (older) kids at night.

But... we are constantly looking for snatched moments. If I work from home on his week day off, he'll come for lunch, etc. And we do have a weekend booked!

Does his son live with him? Sometimes it's just really hard to fit in a child and work and a relationship. My boyfriend and I both have constraints, so we understand and are sympathetic to each other.

I've got 4 days off next week an won't see him at all because it's time to have 1:1 with my child.

Is your boyfriend doing the best he can? Two weeks off is very bad not to want to spend a day of that with you.

TheNaze73 Fri 05-Aug-16 20:22:23

Sorry OP but, he doesn't sound that bothered. You can do far better

Mamalicious16 Fri 05-Aug-16 22:47:22

Update - we're having a family day out tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now