Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

sex drive in pregnancy

(16 Posts)
vickygreen2000 Tue 02-Aug-16 14:09:46

I'm six months pregnant and horny like never before. Is this normal?

My ex and I were always very active, but I used to have to put him off occassionally, now its every opportunity I get.

This is my first post, so please be gentle with me.

princessmi12 Tue 02-Aug-16 14:26:54

Iv heard its normal and that's what's women enjoy most through pregnancy.
For me it was the other way round-completely went off sex from about 3 months until post birth.

jellycat1 Tue 02-Aug-16 14:33:18

I was in first pregnancy but not so much in second. Yes it's normal. My dh couldn't bring himself to do it by then though!

PinkCloudDweller Tue 02-Aug-16 14:34:48

Yes. I was climbing the walls. Couldn't think of anything else - enjoy!

Sparklesilverglitter Tue 02-Aug-16 14:35:53

I am expecting my first due in a couple of weeks and my sex drive from around 20 weeks has gone crazy, I can't get enough

vickygreen2000 Tue 02-Aug-16 14:36:31

jellycat1

haha the logistics are getting harder by the bf is still enjoying the availability! and when he's not around there's always toys!

vickygreen2000 Tue 02-Aug-16 14:42:07

PinkCloudDweller thanks I am!

Sparklesilverglitter glad I'm not the only one! it's almost getting worrying now though!

BossyOfficerFlossie Tue 02-Aug-16 14:51:13

Entirely normal. With all three I have had patches of being ridiculously up for it, and it was incredible too! Though towards the end it did get a bit more unwieldy... And not just me, pretty common. Enjoy! Xx

vickygreen2000 Tue 02-Aug-16 14:55:20

BossyOfficerFlossie thanks, phew such a relief! Even turning me a bit bi! x

possum18 Tue 02-Aug-16 15:00:56

Oh my goodness yes! I had twins 17 weeks ago and was sooooooo horny!!!!! I spent 3 weeks in hospital and the lack of sex was the worst bit. The last few weeks before I had them was so uncomfortable and I was giant but still forced DH made sweet sweet love. It's never gone back down either come to think of it.. 10 days after CS back at it blushblushblush

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 02-Aug-16 15:05:36

dh remembers all three pregnancies with great fondness. blush

runningaftermydreams Tue 02-Aug-16 15:14:21

I am currently 7 months pregnant (2nd time). I am very horny also and I was in the first pregnancy too... Much to the delight of my DP grin

vickygreen2000 Tue 02-Aug-16 15:15:55

I'm just doing a lot on all fours, seems to overcome the massive belly problem! Or enjoying myself while he's asleep lol

BossyOfficerFlossie Tue 02-Aug-16 15:26:48

The only problem I found at the end was that an orgasm set off the Braxton-Hicks! Hubby definitely enjoyed himself, despite my bump limiting things a bit, and definitely carried on after... Three sections and longest we managed to wait was 9 days... Maybe why we are planning a fourth?

vickygreen2000 Tue 02-Aug-16 15:29:06

Haha yeah peanut starts kicking a fair bit but I am v happy to live with that! My bf is def enjoying it atm. Struggling to last more than 9 hours!

Good luck with #4!

user1469553305 Fri 05-Aug-16 18:46:06

My midwife said that sex was the best way to start pregnancy (I went 12 days overdue). DP still laughs at the "get up those stairs and shag me senseless" as soon as he got home from work. I was still induced!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now