Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Clean phone

(28 Posts)
Jamiejamie74 Mon 01-Aug-16 20:40:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

princessmi12 Mon 01-Aug-16 21:49:25

My DP always deletes history of unimportant calls, texts etc. He only keeps evidence of interaction with those that really close.

TempusEedjit Mon 01-Aug-16 21:56:43

Depends - is the phone glued to their side? Do you know their passcode? Would they just hand the phone over to you if you asked to borrow it?

newworldnow Mon 01-Aug-16 22:00:25

princessmi you sound naïve.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Mon 01-Aug-16 22:01:28

Unless he's using a phone from 1995, he doesn't need to clear it for memory reasons.

thedishonthecoffeetable Mon 01-Aug-16 22:05:29

My oh deletes everything, texts, emails, just a him thing, he then gets frustrated to find he can't find text/email .....he's learning lol

Jeffjefftyjeff Mon 01-Aug-16 22:24:12

My dp also deletes everything (including stuff he needs for tax returns!). Is the same with binning hard copy post he might actually need. But often asks me to answer phone/ write texts if he's driving. I've never thought there's anything weird going on

TheNaze73 Mon 01-Aug-16 22:46:37

I thought everyone did the deleting thing??

NovemberInDailyFailLand Mon 01-Aug-16 22:48:14

It depends if there is other behaviour that makes you suspect. Is there?

Mum4Fergus Mon 01-Aug-16 22:59:30

I delete everything...call history, texts, emails, search history turned off...nothing even remotely interesting to hide, just what I do hmm

BalthazarImpresario Mon 01-Aug-16 23:04:15

My best friend deletes everything daily on her phone, texts, wgatsapps and call log. No idea why but she's always done it

honeybunny14 Mon 01-Aug-16 23:13:22

I delete everything nothing dodgy about it

Mrstumbletap Mon 01-Aug-16 23:48:15

I recently deleted all my messages and my calls from my phone, not sure why just wanted to have a clear out and organise my apps etc. I am not cheating.

But my DH and I know each other's passwords and use each other's phones all the time, leave them on the sofa and go for a shower etc. I think that shows more trust than how long your call list is, as you could just delete the dodgy ones surely?

If you said can I borrow your phone, what would he say?

PointlessUsername Mon 01-Aug-16 23:50:04

I always delete everything. I'm not up to anything just slows down my phone when it's full of unimportant messages ect

ayeokthen Mon 01-Aug-16 23:51:37

I delete everything except photos regularly, clutter on phones irritates me. If my DP accused me of cheating or went through my phone I'd be furious, not because I have anything to hide (I don't) but because if he trusts me he won't do those things.

JenLindley Mon 01-Aug-16 23:51:52

[Shock] that people delete their interactions! Who can be bothered? I'm a paranoid/cynical type who who expects to one day need proof of something so I keep everything except junk emails.

e1y1 Mon 01-Aug-16 23:55:08

There was someone on that OCD programme, and he cleared his phone all the time because as well as not being able to stand physical mess, he couldn't stand "electronic mess" so always had his phone in order by cleaning up call logs etc.

I have done it sometimes too, when the call logs just look "messy" I have cleared and started again, unsure I could do it after every call/text though.

If he has only just started doing it, and is religious about doing it after every single call/text, then yes maybe alarm bells should ring. If it is just the way he is, and he has always done it, then maybe no issue.

However, is he not on contract? His itemised bill will show unusal call/text patterns if you feel so inclined to snoop that way

JenLindley Tue 02-Aug-16 00:10:30

I have to open emails and do updates etc as soon as the little red icon appears. I hate having the red dots all over my phone. I saw my friends phone last week and she has over 13k unopened emails and a gazillion other red dots all over her screen. I couldn't cope and was begging her to let me sort them out. She wouldn't grin

DramaAlpaca Tue 02-Aug-16 00:22:39

I delete all unwanted messages, call logs etc on my phone most days, and also delete emails. I'm another who doesn't like clutter on my phone.

Nothing fishy about it for me, if DH wanted to look at my phone I'd hand it over without hesitation, and he knows my password.

HeddaGarbled Tue 02-Aug-16 00:53:24

Deleting texts, not suspicious. Deleting internet history, suspicious. Or just excessively careful about privacy/personal security, if he's geeky?

SusieQwhereareyou Tue 02-Aug-16 10:03:09

I delete my internet history almost daily. DP has his fingerprint recorded to access my phone (iPhone) and I would have no issue with him looking at it but I often Google things I would rather he didn't see!

proseccowithastraw Tue 02-Aug-16 10:43:00

I sometimes delete history if for example, I've been googling embarrassing symptoms, or maybe Xmas, or bday presents for dp. I do understand why this would look suspicious though. It's all about the individual couple and their trust for one another.

What's your gut telling you OP?

HermioneJeanGranger Tue 02-Aug-16 10:57:46

I delete mine, I just hate clutter - in real life and on my phone!

whattodowiththepoo Tue 02-Aug-16 11:05:35

I have a completely clean phone, delete everything at least once a day, nothing to hide.

BeautyQueenFromMars Tue 02-Aug-16 12:02:37

I regularly delete everything because of lack of storage on my phone. It's a Galaxy J5 by the way, not one from 1995. I also get rid of stuff if I don't need it. My house is cluttered, I like my phone to be neat and clean!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now