Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to stop feeling rejected

(2 Posts)
walterwater Mon 01-Aug-16 19:07:14

About 6 months ago my BF of a couple of years ended things with me. Things hadn't been great for a while but at the time i was going through a horrible period at work, my self-esteem was really low and him finishing things was just another thing at a bad time. Since then i haven't seen or heard from him much and when i think of him i generally remember the crap stuff, yet still it upsets me that he finished with me.

Today i found out that he was at a party at the weekend, that i was supposed to go to but didn't, with his new girlfriend and suddenly i was flooded with thoughts of why wasn't i good enough for him.

How do i stop feeling rejected and not good enough when deep down i know that it's for the best that we are not together?

TheNaze73 Mon 01-Aug-16 20:03:38

It sounds like you may need some counselling I think OP. It wasn't a case that you weren't good enough, just that you wasn't what he was looking for. Lucky you found out after only 2 years & weren't massively invested, which is a positive. You'll be the centre of someone's universe soon. Good luck & don't forget, that you're the prize flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now