Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Time spent with partner

(3 Posts)
WillIEverBeASizeTen Mon 01-Aug-16 18:05:17

My partner and I have been together nearly 5 years, we don't live together. For the first two years it was tentative due to issues with ex. We both have late teens, so decided to leave living together until feasible.

He has always worked from home but is now retired (mid fifties). I work full time plus one evening a week as I need the money.

I see him every weekend, and 1-2 eves a week. I get nothing done indoors.

The question is how much time do you see your partner when you work full time+ and have kids still living at home?

TheNaze73 Mon 01-Aug-16 20:06:24

Sounds like a great balance OP. Why do you ask? Is is too much time are you thinking or too little? Everyone is different I suppose.

WillIEverBeASizeTen Mon 01-Aug-16 23:30:12

I think it is too much, for me anyway, as I spend most of the weekend at his. He has time to do everything he needs to but I don't. I'm always tired.

I guess it's something we need to talk about rather than me getting resentful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now