Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need some sense knocked into me

(3 Posts)
happyandsingle Sun 31-Jul-16 17:04:17

Could do with some advice. Been chatting to a man on facebook for a while im really attracted to him but the catch is he lives in a non eu country so i know its a waste of time to get involved.
He keeps asking me to go to his country and in the back of my mind I wonder if it is for passport as you do hear stories like this all the time.
I also have an 8 year old dd so i know its not practical to get involved in a situation like this but truth be told ive not felt as attracted to someone like this in over 8 years so its hard to resist.
We skype talk a lot but im thinking just to block him because I cant help talking to him otherwise.
Im 37 hes 32 so not much age difference and we met on a dating site.
Any advice because I dont trust my own judgement and I need someone to talk sense into me. Ive never sent him money and never would and hes never asked but I guess there are other things someone could be used for
We have been talking on/off fir nearly a year.

Amelie10 Sun 31-Jul-16 17:10:03

I wouldn't pursue this either especially with a child involved. You really don't know him at all, it's just an online 'relationship'. What would be the point continuing unless you plan to move yourself and daughter over there or get him to move across?

happyandsingle Sun 31-Jul-16 17:14:47

But even if you marry someone from non eu place-which I wouldnt anyway it is still really hard to get them here and im not even divorced properly from my last husband!
Will give up on it I guess but hes the only man thats given me butterflies for such a long time. Will really miss our chats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now