Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Didn't realise the date now I'm broken again!

(10 Posts)
Hurtandconfused2016 Thu 28-Jul-16 10:18:36

Hey everyone

So ex left in Jan we have 2 year old and a 5 month old. Had been doing good since he cut all ties with me and the kids. Well this was until today. It's our anniversary why am I still upset over this it's been 7 months?

What did you do in the first anniversary after you broke up?

pallasathena Thu 28-Jul-16 11:57:58

Made a decision to forget the next one and did. You can't live in the past but I'm not a sentimental soul anyway, so it was easy for me to just think 'meh'.

SaggyNaggy Thu 28-Jul-16 12:00:25

I didn't even notice. It was the day after that the thought occurred to me. The day we split is a much better anniversary to keep.

category12 Thu 28-Jul-16 12:45:12

I forgot. Facebook reminded me. I didn't feel anything really, I had emotionally disengaged for a long time.

AndTheBandPlayedOn Thu 28-Jul-16 12:54:19

Generally, I try to not let a calendar control/trigger my emotions...feel what you feel when you feel it.

flowers Do something nice for yourself (something he wouldn't have wanted to do wink ).

SecondMrsAshwell Thu 28-Jul-16 12:54:46

When an ex of mine left me for someone else, I would always get upset on his birthday. So I decided to deliberately do something to pamper myself on that day. I ended up barely thinking of him

Hurtandconfused2016 Thu 28-Jul-16 13:13:53

Thanks everyone I hadn't realised until Facebook told me.
I have taken a shift in work to keep my mind off it. Just feeling pretty crappy about it

Cabrinha Thu 28-Jul-16 13:18:55

Congratulate yourself that it took a Facebook reminder!

TheNaze73 Thu 28-Jul-16 13:26:08

As cabrinha said, it was a stupid reminder, on a stupid social networking site, that bought it to your attention. You're doing great OP

Elroya1 Thu 28-Jul-16 13:34:51

Wouldn't worry too much about it. Just remove all facebook reminders and posts about it, and you will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now