Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dont know how to pick myself back up

(4 Posts)
triffle81 Sat 23-Jul-16 10:53:15

Hi all,
so this is something I'm not very comfortable talking about but I feel I have nowhere else to turn to.
I met my partner through a speed dating event just over a year ago. We clicked and from there we started dating.
Everything was fine but the sex side was not in sync. I put it down to nerves and getting to understanding the others needs.
We did break up pretty soon after a couple of times as she felt we weren't right on the physical side. But a week later she wanted me back and so we talked about events and started dating again and addressing the concerns.
Things were going really well, sex was not always what she expected, however she said it was different and the yet the best she had felt, which was nice to hear, as it was more passionate and more feelings then she was use to.
By Christmas I had moved into her place and we had an amazing Christmas. Things were so good we got engaged and sold our properties and bought a new home 3 months ago.
Now things have changed. She now says that she cant enjoy the sex as she wants quickies and fun with no emotions or feelings. She believes that she wants a singleton life and that she feels trapped with the house and us.
So we are now putting the house on the market and almost at the end of the relationship. I sleep in another room and she is keeping her distance.
I'm devastated, I had been through a divorce in the past and feel like a total failure.
I am maybe feeling sorry for myself, after all its only a year, but my emotions are all over the place and I feel like a zombie.
She says she still loves me but cant be with me because she has too many blocks on the physical side.
I really don't know how to pick myself up. I know its finished and have accepted that. Just don't know how to pick myself up and be positive.

Sorry for the babble, just cant focus.
Thanks for any advice.

user1468602338 Sat 23-Jul-16 10:57:57

Wow that moved fast in a year no wonder your head is spinning.
Is it deffo over?

triffle81 Sat 23-Jul-16 11:02:49

Yes, she has said that she has been in denial and now she needs to be someone else.
Ironic that apart from the stress of the move we have been pretty much the same as the previous 12 months in how close we have been.

ButIbeingpoor Sat 23-Jul-16 11:36:45

Do you think there might be someone else?
If it's over it's over. Her loss. You need to accept and move on. Start packing up your stuff and looking for a new property. Let her see this. Get a new haircut and shirt ( or something to make you feel good and look a little different). Buy some new music and get out a bit more. See your mates and 'force' yourself to experience enjoyable things life can offer. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now