Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Divorce Help Bury St Edmunds Court

(6 Posts)
JKaty1234 Thu 21-Jul-16 11:04:27

Hi everyone,

Help needed!

I have got the first part of my divorce sorted but now need to apply for my decree nisi from Bury St Edmund's.

Im number 30 on hold on the phone and want to scream! All I want to know is which address to send this to as in the letter it says send it to the court - but there is the family court/divorce center in bury st Edmund's or there is the county court/family court in Norwich. All new applications need to be sent to the divorce centre but I dont know what is classed as new or whether it should be sent straight to the court (which is Norwich)!

Any help/ advice would be so much appreciated!

Thanks

OurBlanche Thu 21-Jul-16 17:59:46

Did you get through?

I hope you did.... and I hope it all goes through swiftly for you!

BeMorePanda Thu 21-Jul-16 18:25:53

Can you email them and ask?

Storminateapot Thu 21-Jul-16 20:59:15

Call BSE Citizens Advice tomorrow - they will help you

GettingScaredNow Thu 21-Jul-16 21:06:35

Am watching for an update and if you found out as this is gonna be me in a few weeks time!!

Hope your getting it sorted.

marriednotdead Thu 21-Jul-16 21:26:21

I've just checked my decree absolute which was issued in March this year (yay!) and the address printed on the bottom is the Bury St Edmunds one.

In the event that people send them to the wrong court address, they would almost certainly forward it on to the right place anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now