Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Tracking locations on phone

(6 Posts)
Kittencatkins123 Mon 18-Jul-16 10:27:16

Hi, this isn't really a relationships thing but I've read about people tracking locations on phones before in this section. Was assaulted by a man on my way home And want to see if I can pinpoint exactly where and when it happened in case it helps police (I know roughly where but want to provide as good evidence as possible). Thanks.

Isetan Mon 18-Jul-16 11:28:05

I think you might be referring to Apple's Find my Phone, however the accuracy can be very off and it doesn't keep a log of where your phone has been. This is what the Police should be doing, they have access to the experts and technologies that could help.

c3pu Mon 18-Jul-16 12:04:40

www.google.com/maps/timeline

May be helpful if you have an Android phone, not sure how well it integrates with Apple's ecosystem though.

janaus Mon 18-Jul-16 13:21:38

There is Location Services on iPhone. In settings .. Under Privacy

Kittencatkins123 Mon 18-Jul-16 13:35:51

Thanks! I will mention to police too - I didn't think of it till this morning x

janaus Mon 18-Jul-16 15:09:57

Good luck. Hope you are okay, and get plenty of support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now