Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Secrets you just can't bring yourself to admit (lighthearted)

(21 Posts)
Kungfupandaworksout16 Sun 17-Jul-16 17:40:36

Going back a few years ago, I was visiting the parents house and pinched a few chocolates from an open box on the side (Now normally my mum leaves sweets on the side for guests, children , grandchildren etc)
My mums gone to the box about 30 minutes later and hit the roof and accussed my poor innocent father of eating her chocolates that she had treated herself too! I was not prepared to admit it was me and listened to my mum have her hissy at my poor father. Even now she still references to that day

( Sorry dad )

And my last one when I got with my DH we was having chippy and I mentioned how I love the crunchy bits (meaning the fish batter that finds it's way into your chips grin )
Well my partner understood this as really golden brown and crunchy chips. I can't stand really crunchy chips but I don't have the heart to admit the crossed wires, when I see his smiling face as he's passing them me.

What's your light hearted secret that you can't admit as its gone on too long?

flipflapsflop Sun 17-Jul-16 19:19:33

Message deleted by MNHQ as it was a personal attack. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

DraenorQueen Sun 17-Jul-16 19:24:29

Wow, you've insulted the OP and her mother based on a single silly anecdote? You sound far worse!

sonlypuppyfat Sun 17-Jul-16 19:28:55

Well this thread is full of fun and lightheartedness already!!

flipflapsflop Sun 17-Jul-16 19:30:21

"Referencing" stolen chocolates for years, that weren't stolen. Nice. Why couldn't the OP admit she pinched them?

flipflapsflop Sun 17-Jul-16 19:33:44

I find people that "hit the roof" over things like this often end up with people walking on eggshells around them. The face you let your "poor father" take the hit was instructive. You dare not upset your mum

ChicRock Sun 17-Jul-16 19:50:21

Ah your poor dad. sad Sorry I know this was meant to be lighthearted but I actually felt quite sad for him reading that. And she still goes on about it years later, over a few chocolates, what the hell is wrong with her?

HumphreyCobblers Sun 17-Jul-16 19:53:36

Poor OP.

It has all gone wrong already.

I can't admit that the cakes I made for the school fair were actually decorated by me and not the children, they were so crap blaming the kids was the only thing to do.

HairySubject Sun 17-Jul-16 19:57:51

Wow that didnt go as planned!!

Can't think if one right now but will come back when I have racked my brains.

Staronthewall Sun 17-Jul-16 20:50:00

My dp told me today that he used his ex girlfriend s toothbrush to push sick pieces down the sink when he was at a wedding 3 years ago with her because she was rude about his speech!!!

Staronthewall Sun 17-Jul-16 20:50:46

I've probably done far worse than the op had admitted to in this post

WordGetsAround Sun 17-Jul-16 20:57:11

That's the problem with this new 'lighthearted' business. Damned if you don't. Damned if you do. Damned anyway. It still doesn't protect you from ridiculous posters.

WorstBarmaidEver Sun 17-Jul-16 21:05:27

Holy fuckballs give the OP a bloody break, cows hmm

Anyway, I leave messages in every library book that I read (in pencil)

Patterkiller Sun 17-Jul-16 21:06:14

I miss funny mumsnet 😔

Mine is along the same chocolate theme. Many moons ago when I lived at home I carefully opened a box of milk tray and ate the lot, sealed it and put it back.

DM discovered the box at some point and phoned cadburys asking for an explanation. I think she did get a voucher for a replacement.

When I was seven I bit another child's holiday inflatable because I was jealous.

pennygoodlife Sun 17-Jul-16 21:06:42

Oh dear someone's up past her bedtime....

I'm with you OPgrin

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Sun 17-Jul-16 21:08:42

Shit! That didn't take long for one of the offended to get all sneery did it. Impressive.

Can't think of anything now OP. I'm way too honest for my own good really. About the worst I do is occasionally pinch some of the kids sweets.

amithatmum Sun 17-Jul-16 21:16:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wanderings Sun 17-Jul-16 21:18:58

RIP funny Mumsnet like it used to be (Perhaps this should have been in chat)

When I was 12 I used money from my parents' housekeeping purse to buy everyone Easter eggs. (chocolate theme all round) Everyone in the house was interrogated about the missing £10. I didn't admit to taking it because I didn't think the eggs would be appreciated after that, but I did replace some of it (not all) with my own money.

MrHannahSnell Sun 17-Jul-16 22:57:42

I love the way on MN you can always count on one or more posters to get completely the wrong end of the stick. There are far too many amateur psychologists on this site.

Joysmum Sun 17-Jul-16 23:24:54

I remember when I was little, I tried my arm at shoplifting and stole a penny sweet.

I was so wracked by guilt that I went back and left the penny on the counter. I'm not great at being anything less than honest! grin

Kungfupandaworksout16 Mon 18-Jul-16 09:12:58

My mother brings up the chocolate incident as a joke, more like " darling, I'm leaving my sandwich here while I go toilet. Can you resist it?"
Well this wasn't the kind of thread I was expecting sadconfused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now