Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

No contact

(6 Posts)
Madonna76 Sun 17-Jul-16 14:31:41

Following on from my post yesterday, I'd just like to say that I've not broken no contact. It's been 5 days now and I'm proud of myself. I'm having a wobble right now, but I suppose 7 years of mental emotional and physical abuse will not cure overnight. My baby is due in 3 weeks and this is giving me the driving force and strength to carry on. I keep crying, I keep falling down but I'm going to get through this hell and hopefully come out the other side stronger x

Puff42 Sun 17-Jul-16 21:52:19

Good for you, stay strong. x

ConcreteUnderpants Sun 17-Jul-16 23:20:27

Keep it up, Madonna. You are doing the right thing smile

Once that beautiful baby arrives, relish in the distraction and use his/her tiny little face as a reminder that you can't go back.
Good luck.

honeyroar Mon 18-Jul-16 01:57:29

Well done, you're doing great. There is a lot of support on here if you're having a down day.x

Madonna76 Mon 18-Jul-16 02:45:38

Thank you. It feels like coming off an addiction. I know I can't have anymore contact now. Just feels extra hard as I'm 36 weeks pregnant and this isn't suppose to happen is it? It's supposed to be a time when your partners there 😞 x

KittensandKnitting Mon 18-Jul-16 02:55:33

I haven't read your past thread, but think your showing amazing strength from the little I've read.

I was in an EA relationship, boardering physical towards the end for over ten years and NC was very very hard, but to give some hope for what happens next I got through it and now I'm in a very loving relationship with my DP have two beautiful "step" children (live with us 100%) and whilst our life is very difficult right now I would not swap it for one second.

flowers for you and echo what other posters have said keep focusing on your beautiful baby and what will be a happier life moving forward

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now