Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Separation?

(6 Posts)
Woodman2007 Fri 15-Jul-16 21:37:22

Has anybody had their husband ask for a separation? Mine has said he needs space and time apart. Doesn't know yet if it's temporary or permanent. Says he doesn't love me anymore. Doesn't want to be around me. May have feelings for someone else but doesn't know what those feelings are. Has anybody had a separation and got back together?

Itsnowornever01 Fri 15-Jul-16 21:48:48

Yes mine left for the same reasons. We got back together but it has never been the same since as always feel insecure that he may do it again. Once bitten twice shy and all that.

Woodman2007 Fri 15-Jul-16 22:14:06

How long did you separate for?

Itsnowornever01 Fri 15-Jul-16 22:14:55

A year.

Woodman2007 Fri 15-Jul-16 22:21:55

How long have you been back together? Are you finding it easier as time goes on? Just feel like my husband is running away from problem rather than trying to deal with it. We were meant to be starting couple counselling but he has now decided he doesn't want it. We have 2 daughters aged 4 and 8. So scared for them too. Think they will be devastated when they discover he is going. They are both so close to him.

Itsnowornever01 Fri 15-Jul-16 22:25:21

No I haven't found it easy. Its been complicated for many reasons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now