Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Light hearted relationship question

(15 Posts)
Itsnowornever01 Fri 15-Jul-16 16:22:39

Why is it when I go to the petrol station there is more men than women.

Just been and was all men.

Does you husband/partner fill up the car for you and if so why?

OneAppleADay Fri 15-Jul-16 21:47:58

Yes, he does. I don't know why... We have one car only and he always fills it up so I won't need to do it myself. A real gentleman. grin

SaggyNaggy Fri 15-Jul-16 21:50:48

I think my local station balances you're out op, its all young women driving Fiat 500s. Mind you, the nearest dealer is a Fiat dealer.

Itsnowornever01 Fri 15-Jul-16 21:51:39

Thanks for replying! Felt silly posting it!grin

Just found myself yet again surrounded by men at the petrol station and thought am I missing something here?

OneAppleADay Fri 15-Jul-16 21:59:46

grin All kind of questions are fun to answer.

MarkRuffaloCrumble Fri 15-Jul-16 22:39:29

Single mum, fill my own car but don't drive much so only once a month or so.

Xh would never have filled my car, we always had our own cars.

My DP now has a beautiful car which he lets me drive and has added me on his insurance, but would never expect me to fill it up. However he's not organised enough to take on the filling of my tank (oo- er!) on a regular basis if we were to live together and share finances. Not because he's not gentlemanly, he most certainly is, but he'd have no idea when it needed filling up.

Joysmum Fri 15-Jul-16 23:06:33

I do the oil, tyres, washers etc on all our vehicles.

However, DH does a lot more miles than me and doesn't tend to fill his car right up to the brim like I do, just tends to stick a round 59 quod in each time which is weird

Itsnowornever01 Fri 15-Jul-16 23:07:04

It must be my area grin

zzzzz Fri 15-Jul-16 23:09:37

I think more likely it's the time you go. After dropping off the kids at school it's all women.

Summerlovinf Fri 15-Jul-16 23:34:05

Wish some bloke would fill up my tank...and pay for the fuel grin

Whathaveilost Fri 15-Jul-16 23:39:03

DH or DS generally fills up for me.
I just say I've got a red light on and it gets done for me.

RJnomore1 Fri 15-Jul-16 23:42:41

I quite like it when dh fills up my tank

😄

Sorry I'll get me coat...

Somerville Fri 15-Jul-16 23:43:13

My (late) husband always filled my car up for me at weekends or in the evening. It started, when I had very bad pregnancy sickness with DC1, and vomitted at a fuel station because of the smell. And then, the whole whether or not to leave the sleeping baby in the car while you pay for the fuel dilemma used to bother me. So it became a habit that went on for 12 or so years. Of course, I did it occasionally. But not often. blush

KittensandKnitting Fri 15-Jul-16 23:45:24

Do you live in "stepford wive" vile grin

Never noticed tbh

BackforGood Fri 15-Jul-16 23:53:52

I think a VERY high % of 'professional drivers' tend to be men, so, working on the average amount of petrol being put in to vehicles, it would seem likely that there are more men than women filling up at any one time - particularly if you factor in that professional drivers are likely to use more fuel than us 'SDP' users.

However, no dh doesn't fill up anymore than I do, and it's a skill my 17 yr old dd had to learn before starting to take the car anywhere (as indeed will my ds when he passes).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now