Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feel like life is falling apart

(2 Posts)
Runninglife Fri 15-Jul-16 07:53:45

I'm going through a bit of a tough time at the moment and feel paticularly low today and I just wanted to talk to someone.

I moved to a new country at the start of last year to be with my partner. Since then he has told me he never wants kids and I can't bear the thought of never having a baby. I have a flight booked home at the start of December and it can't come fast enough as I'm starting to resent how selfish my partner is acting - everything is always about him and I never get a say in anything.

I can't move home straight away though as I'm trying to save money first as I have nothing to go back to. I just feel like my whole life is falling apart. I don't want to leave this wonderful country but I can't stay here on my own (visa wise). I won't have a job when I return home, or a place to stay or anything. On top of that I do still love my partner and I'm losing him too. I just feel like it's all crashing down on me at once and I can't take much more. If anyone has any advice or kind words I'd appreciate it.

And before anyone says that i never should've given up everything for him - I don't regret coming out here, if he'd have wanted a child with me my life would've been great.

pallasathena Fri 15-Jul-16 09:47:55

You need to breathe! And once you have then take stock of where you are, how you got there and where you want to be.
You say you love the country you're in so what's to stop you getting a working visa in your own right? Check it out. If you're not currently working then maybe see if there's something that you could apply for that would come with a working visa which will allow you to say in the country.If that's not possible, then come home, get qualifications that would give you access to a job over there and apply for it. Anything is possible o/p with the right mindset and a bit of strategy.
Next, tell your partner that its over. Hard, yes, tough, of course, but if you want to fulfil your dream of having children then you need to find someone who is on the same page as you. Staying with your partner will just prolong the agony and the biological clock is very likely ticking. So, big changes for you which means taking charge of your destiny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now