Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

"Why wouldn't I? You are a piece of shit".

(22 Posts)
LadyTrevelyan Tue 12-Jul-16 18:48:01

Trying to sort out summer holiday arrangements and snapped when he began the talking down to me. Told him, very firmly smile, to not talk to me that way and he said the above. His partner (was ow) laughing in the background sad.

It's been nearly three years and I am honestly doing fine but this has hit hard. We were together nearly twenty and he seems (they?) Gleeful and spiteful. However, I'm not without my nastiness.

I hope they both get the shits.

ShebaShimmyShake Tue 12-Jul-16 20:30:50

I'm so jealous of his partner right now. He sounds so sexy, such a great catch, and she sounds like a delight. I'm sure they are both very good at making people happy and finding inner peace. Oh how I wish I could be one of them!

suspiciousofgoldfish Tue 12-Jul-16 20:59:16

On the bright side, at least you have escaped another twenty years with this twat.

angryangryyoungwoman Tue 12-Jul-16 21:02:07

Dickhead, try not to let it bother you x

FolderReformedScruncher Tue 12-Jul-16 21:12:08

It's great they've met each other as it saves fucking up two other perfectly decent people really. Pair of turds.

Frenchboat Tue 12-Jul-16 21:17:53

Probably only thing they have to talk about is you and spend days thinking how upset you for a cheap thrill. They use their negativity towards you to bond with each other . Think about how pathetic that is for minute.
On some level they probably want you to react to prove you deserved to be cheated on to lessen their guilt

Floggingmolly Tue 12-Jul-16 21:18:21

flowers. Keep your dignity, you're worth so much more than that pair of losers.

Anonymouses Tue 12-Jul-16 21:20:03

There life must be so fucking dull if this is the only form of entertainment they can find.

BolshierAryaStark Tue 12-Jul-16 21:37:15

You're the winner in this as she has him now, give them no further headspace & refuse to engage with him when he talks down to you.

pillowaddict Tue 12-Jul-16 22:15:18

Wow. What a pathetic pair. Congratulations on getting rid of him, and just imagine how shit it must be living with either one of them with them behaving like that. flowers rise above!

KoalaDownUnder Tue 12-Jul-16 22:18:52

Her loss, your gain.

What an abject wanker.

Fomalhaut Tue 12-Jul-16 22:22:56

Try to see it as a 'thank fuck I don't have to live with that any more.'
They sound utterly hideous.

FolderReformedScruncher Wed 13-Jul-16 07:20:31

My ex once said something horrible in front of his mates and I turned and said, 'I hope your dick goes black and drops off on your birthday' . I don't know where that came from but they all had a laugh at his expense. He didn't enter into a slanging match though whereas your delight of an ex may.
I would consider changing the way you hand over the kids or come up against him generally though. If he can't keep a civil tongue then he may be expected to jump though hoops. I wouldn't consider actually sharing the same airspace as him if he was going to be rude.

macromolecule Wed 13-Jul-16 08:35:11

Well he can call you a piece of shit if he wants. I can call myself Mercedes and sit in the garage but it doesn't make me a luxury car!

I can tell you that quite a few years on down the road I would laugh my head off if my ex called me a piece of shit! There's a name for that - projection. grin

TheNaze73 Wed 13-Jul-16 09:45:51

He sounds like an epic tool, you're best out of it

pallasathena Wed 13-Jul-16 12:04:02

I'd say something like, " I'm so relieved I'm a sophisticated person with a large and appropriate vocabulary who isn't married to a chav anymore." With a head tilt and a suitably understanding smile of course.

Zuccarelli Wed 13-Jul-16 12:31:17

Oh god they just sound like the most boring people! Nothint better to do! Be thankful every day that you're not them! He sounds about 14 years old!

nilbyname Wed 13-Jul-16 12:37:42

They sound made for each other! Nasty nasty.

Honestly-nobody speaks to another human like that without it saying nothing about you and EVERYTHING about them.

I'd go for a dry "nice one" with a smirk and keep making the arrangements. Let it wash over you, what they have to say about you has zero value. It simple doesn't count.

You're ace, they sound hideous. Take the moral high ground, it's really lovely up here!

Penfold007 Wed 13-Jul-16 12:46:05

Well don't they deserve each other, what a pair of charmers. Is there any way you can change the method you have contact with this horrible man? Maybe email only would work.

Grumpyoldblonde Wed 13-Jul-16 12:54:50

Lucky, lucky other woman, what a prize she has won.
I second email only contact if at all possible and try to rise above his twattishness.

donners312 Wed 13-Jul-16 20:19:44

I think it is very common (for complete idiots) for people to project traits they themselves have onto others.

eg 'you are such al liar" (I am a liar)

in your case "you are a piece of shit" (I am a piece of shit)

It sounds like him and new partner are very well suited. Good luck to both of them!

LadyTrevelyan Wed 13-Jul-16 20:51:02

flowers

Thank you for your replies. Yes, I will go back to email or text but the annoying fucker ignores them so I phoned.

For the first time I would welcome an infestation of nits, nicely ripened for the weekendsmile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now