Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Having an affair?

(26 Posts)
user1468238563 Mon 11-Jul-16 13:18:39

Hi
My partner wears all her sexy black underwear during the week to work, but at weekends its all her old faded white underwear... She has also taken to wearing padded bras during the week.
Am I just being paranoid to wonder why she feels it essential to look great in the office and not care at weekends and wear all her sexiest underwear to work and not at home.
Is this something you all do to?
Thanks

singleandfabulous Mon 11-Jul-16 13:20:54

Have you asked her?

HooseRice Mon 11-Jul-16 13:23:15

Grow up.

murphys Mon 11-Jul-16 13:24:29

Maybe because when she is at home, she feels more comfortable to wear her white faded ones .....

Yes, a tad paranoid I think.

user1468238563 Mon 11-Jul-16 13:24:45

No, it seems petty so would feel stupid.
Just want to get a female perspective as to if its normal and I am being paranoid.

Offred Mon 11-Jul-16 13:26:45

You are asking why someone would want to look good at work and relax at home?

HooseRice Mon 11-Jul-16 13:27:14

Or you want people to discuss their underwear. Nice try.

Goingtobeawesome Mon 11-Jul-16 13:27:48

How would we know more than you when supposedly you know her a bit?

Some women will be the same as her. Some won't. Shocker.

toadgirl Mon 11-Jul-16 13:30:02

There's no way of telling from that, really.

Is there anything else that makes you suspect an affair?

She most likely just wants to be comfy at home with you. Sexy underwear is usually uncomfortable (trying to remember far enough back to when I last wore it smile)

user1468238563 Mon 11-Jul-16 13:32:23

I understand wanting to look good, just don't understand how underwear come into that as no one should see it...are you saying that if your husband had favourite underwear and he started wearing them only for work you wouldnt find it odd?

HundredYearsInTime Mon 11-Jul-16 13:32:41

Sexy underwear to work sounds weird. I would go for something comfortable to work and nicer when with my husband.

toadgirl Mon 11-Jul-16 13:34:44

It can give you confidence to wear nice stuff even if no-one will see it.

murphys Mon 11-Jul-16 13:37:46

Anything that is white and faded, just makes it white doesn't it? wink

Not the point, I know...

SandyY2K Mon 11-Jul-16 13:45:52

You need to have more than this to jump on her having an affair.

Has she changed her other usual routines?

More late nights at work?
Going to the gym or spending more time there ?
Secrecy with her phone ?
Increased social activity?
More sex or less sex with you?
Snappier towards you?

One thing alone,.unless it's a smoking gun won't be conclusive.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Mon 11-Jul-16 13:46:43

<Wears old- comfy underwear all the time unless good reason> Hth

brodchengretchen Mon 11-Jul-16 14:04:24

You could buy yourself some to wear, then you would have the best of both worlds, wouldn't you?

loveyoutothemoon Mon 11-Jul-16 14:49:19

I agree, sexy underwear is uncomfortable. I change into my scraggy bras when I chill at night.

LaurieLemons Mon 11-Jul-16 15:01:00

Normal, unless there's something else making you suspicious then I wouldn't give it a second thought.

SandyY2K Mon 11-Jul-16 15:11:09

There's a feel good factor about wearing nice lingerie. It doesn't have to be seen by anyone, it's how it feels against your skin.

The fact that she's not hiding it from you, would also make any cheating less likely, as that's a common clue. It's not like she wears the white knickers and changes into her sexy ones at work ...... which I've known cheating women to do in the past.

HuskyLover1 Mon 11-Jul-16 15:15:08

If she's having an affair, she will be super secretive with her phone.

Underwired bras are sooo uncomfortable, no way would I wear one around the house prefer to be bra less at home

Pearlman Mon 11-Jul-16 16:55:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

36mum Mon 11-Jul-16 17:03:35

Maybe buy her something extra special to wear at weekends.

I think she is wearing it to make herself feel and look good at work and then she's relaxing on a weekend. I think it's great that you notice what underwear she's wearing and when.

Coffeelover56 Mon 11-Jul-16 18:58:40

Hmm it would ring alarm bells with me. Especially if this has just recently started happening. Is she ever late home from work? How's your relationship in general?

Amy214 Mon 11-Jul-16 19:49:14

I wear nice underwear most of the time, not for anyone special (except my bf) i wear them because it makes me feel good. At night i change into something more comfortable and bf is fine with it. I would be slightly concerned if shes just started doing it but only if there was something else that was weird to me.

Pendu Mon 11-Jul-16 19:57:32

Seems fine to me, if I want to be smart just naturally sometimes it's starts from even the underwear. At home I want to be slobby and comfy. Never in a million years would I contemplate an affair it's just like a confidence/ feeling thing I guess?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now