Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Will POF respond if I complain about some hassle I'm getting?

(12 Posts)
DraenorQueen Thu 07-Jul-16 18:20:56

Feel a bit weird about this.

I had a message on POF 2 days ago from a guy called, let's say, James. I recognised him as a creep who'd sent me a message on Tinder saying he wanted a woman he could "destroy" so I called him on it (stupidly.)
He replied asking did I not want to be destroyed then, which I obviously ignored. The next day I got a message from "Sam" saying, "James is just such a nice guy isn't he?" and picking up loads of things about my profile in a way that made me uncomfortable.

Today I've had another from "Phil." "Are you still in contact with James? He's a nice guy isn;t he?" Again commenting creepily on stuff in my profile. I do not like this. I feel like I'm the butt of some joke and that "James" a fucking nutcase getting his mates to send me weird messages. Should I email POF? Or just delete my account?

sooperdooper Thu 07-Jul-16 18:26:04

POF is full of weirdos, delete your account and try a different old site smile

DraenorQueen Thu 07-Jul-16 18:33:04

I know you're right, I just hate that I should alter MY behaviour because there are some fucking wankers out there who want to cause upset. I've blocked all three of them but if I get another I'll delete the whole account.

CitySnicker Thu 07-Jul-16 18:36:46

Just keep blocking all of them. He will run out of friends soon.

DraenorQueen Thu 07-Jul-16 18:38:54

I guess. But why DO it? I know there are all kinds of weirdos about but these look like normal professional men!?

user1467744008 Thu 07-Jul-16 19:12:02

Reverse search his image, find him on facebook and send screenshots to his work and friends of him abusing women online. Is what I would like to do.

in reality, I'd just keep blocking. If you leave he wins, if you react he wins.

DraenorQueen Thu 07-Jul-16 19:17:55

Funnily enough that was EXACTLY what I wanted to do! Plaster his stupid face on his local small town buy and sell site with screenshots of his messages and his mates' messages. Bunch of twats. But no. Annoyingly, his profile talks about wanting to meet the right woman to settle with and eventually have a family... Bleurgh. Fuck it, hes called Colin and he's from County Durham!!!!

FreeFromHarm Thu 07-Jul-16 23:29:53

I wish I could warn a women about a man off Pof, have his picture, his name and address, he is a menace to single parents, all over sites.... Any suggestions 😏

FreeFromHarm Thu 07-Jul-16 23:31:01

Other women sorry.

LellyMcKelly Fri 08-Jul-16 05:25:06

It probably not friends. He probably has multiple accounts. I'd tell POF and let them deal it. He sounds like a creep.

user1467744008 Fri 08-Jul-16 10:44:35

Annoyingly, his profile talks about wanting to meet the right woman to settle with and eventually have a family

Before or after he destroys her?

DraenorQueen Mon 11-Jul-16 06:43:05

Thanks again guys. Had another few messages this weekend from idiots all mentioning this guy.... I've deleted my profile as it's not worth the hassle. Ah well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now