Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Manopause

(4 Posts)
chocolateee Fri 01-Jul-16 09:35:09

Husband ( 50+ ) had hissy fit last night when he told me he was buying some money pit of a classic sports car and threw his toys out the pram complaining that I never show any interest in his passion - cars .
How am I supposed to be delighted when there's a million things that need fixing .... roof, leaking toilet, errant teen, rotting kitchen floorboards, nott o mention our flagging marriage but that's another story.

It's a cyclical thing ( thankfully not monthly ) but rears its ugly head bi-annually. I'm struggling myself at the moment to hold things together with job dis-satisfaction, depression, teens in the house ( enough said ) and trying to guide youngest through his last year at school and onto some sort of career path. we were supposed to be visiting a Uni tomorrow and of course his reluctance to bother now makes perfect sense as he was planning a trip half way across the fecking country to go view said car.

I couldn't muster enough energy to show required 'enthusiasm' and told him , it was his money he could spend it how he liked but that I would like him to participate at least, even in some small way towards his son's future. Maybe he could pretend to at least read one Uni prospectus or even < sticking my neck out here , to talk to him about possible career paths.

Sound familiar ?

TheNaze73 Fri 01-Jul-16 10:28:58

Sorry to say this but, it sounds like you don't actually even like each other very much. I would have to say something, he's being a complete arse

smilingeyes11 Fri 01-Jul-16 12:42:54

I agree - I would wonder why you are with him tbh.

Janettehelenkelly Fri 01-Jul-16 23:30:21

27 years of being taken for granted and feeling like a single mother ,I had enough .I'm 50 and thought my life was over until I left him. A year later I have a new love and a new out look on life. You have one life leave and live it. Be happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now