Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Your views on emotionless dating?

(12 Posts)
gemsangels123 Thu 30-Jun-16 19:26:55

Single 6+ years ...39 today....dated dated dated!!!! Is it sluty to think....right I give up let's just have emotionless dates?! No expectations just lots of fun?! I'm tired of what comes along with feelings! What next?!

Wasafatmum42 Thu 30-Jun-16 19:41:05

happy birthday Gem...

unfortunately its not that easy one way or another feelings do creep in soon as you set eyes on the intended I am protecting myself for being hurt again by yet another twat lol I am abit bitter I need therapy its been 2yrs since I moved into Single-town ;(

gemsangels123 Thu 30-Jun-16 19:45:57

Thankyou 😘
I think it's one of those ' I feel sorry for myself evenings'
Thanks for your reply. It's a long time to have suffered disappointent after disappointment...I do believe everything is sent to try us and we learn bla bla bla but I think iv had enough now....

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Thu 30-Jun-16 19:48:27

I did serial dating in my twenties as a kind of experiment. I dated lots of men that I wouldn't have normally considered.

It was great fun, some were awful and now make good anecdotes!

It's definitely possible to do so long as you go in with an objective.

I met Dp when I was on a date with another man. Later bumped into him by chance and that was us.

You never know where it will take you

gemsangels123 Thu 30-Jun-16 19:53:58

Thankyou troll 😊

VestalVirgin Thu 30-Jun-16 21:06:08

What do you mean by "emotionless dates"?

I went on dates with men I had no feelings for. Cannot recommend it. Some men were really clingy. Thing is, just because you have no emotions doesn't mean he won't develop any.
Or perhaps just want sex.

I don't do emotionless sex, for the simple reason that I have never been sexually attracted to a man who I didn't have feelings for. And sex without attraction is pretty pointless.

If you mean you're having sex with lots of dudes because you manage to be attracted to a lot of men, good for you. I wouldn't judge you. Just perhaps suggest that you be careful, there's lots of creeps out there.

I've given up changing my single status altogether, and am intending to become a confirmed spinster. I perceive that as rather liberating.

JennyMe Thu 30-Jun-16 21:12:53

Oh no, I never like to read about anyone being sad.
Please don't ever give up. I've been through one relationship after another which wasn't right or I was treated badly in but I'm doing lots of reading about feeling better about myself, focusing on me and thinking positively. I have to say that does seem to attract men (if not the right one yet).

Myusernameismyusername Thu 30-Jun-16 21:14:11

No it's cheaper and less awful to stay single!

Gabilan Thu 30-Jun-16 21:59:29

I think generally better to approach dates with low expectations. Just think, it might be fun, lets see. Mind you I currently have a crush on someone way too young for me, so it's probably better to ignore any advice from me.

JennyMe Thu 30-Jun-16 22:24:08

I think just go and have fun. I have a friend who looks amazing for her age. She thinks she looks so young (in her 40's) as she is single and has none of the couple's stress.

TheNaze73 Fri 01-Jul-16 11:02:41

Just go with the flow OP, expect nothing & be pleasantly surprised

gemsangels123 Fri 01-Jul-16 14:36:02

Aww thankyou for your messages and advice smile
I think I might give myself some time off the dating scene for a while. I feel it's too stressful, for me anyway!
What's 6 months when I've been single 6 years eh!
Thanks again it's lovely to read messages from you all. Makes you feel less alone 😘

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now