Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

IT savvy person?

(7 Posts)
UpDownUpDownandaweebitannoying Sun 19-Jun-16 11:51:42

Can you open this link please and tell me if it's downloaded on your device somewhere?

(Obviously think through it that's ok first - unlike me!)

I opened it but can't find it to delete. I've tried asking in Chat but didn't want to post actual link.

rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-information/criminal-law/understanding-sexual-assault-causing-someone-engage-sexual-activity/

It's the PDF file I opened.

Trills Sun 19-Jun-16 12:05:46

It will depend on what device you have, surely?

Trills Sun 19-Jun-16 12:07:22

On my Windows 10 laptop, in Chrome, if I click on the link to download it just opens up a preview of the PDF in the same Chrome window, it does not download it.

Trills Sun 19-Jun-16 12:08:01

If you are worried that someone will look through your device you should probably google "clearing browsing history on <name of your device>".

UpDownUpDownandaweebitannoying Sun 19-Jun-16 12:13:34

Ok

Maybe it's not anywhere.

Android phone.
Not in "docs" or "downloads"

I was in incognito browser. When I clicked on it I got a message that said it wouldn't open in incognito browser, did I still want to proceed
I clicked "cancel" but it opened anyway

I cleared browsing history but not there anyway.

Never mind. Assume it's not anywhere.

Thanks

Trills Sun 19-Jun-16 12:47:16

Sounds like it was just showing in the browser rather than downloading then.

Hope you are OK.

UpDownUpDownandaweebitannoying Sun 19-Jun-16 12:52:16

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now