Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

FindingNewMo - Part V

(308 Posts)
MoKoKo Wed 08-Jun-16 12:21:10

Latest one...

Ah there you are, I think I lost you for a while. How are things?

FATEdestiny Wed 08-Jun-16 12:40:38

Great to see you're still going strong Mo

PhoenixReisling Wed 08-Jun-16 12:43:26

Loving the name change and LURVEEEEE the title of this thread grin.

How are things?

When is he due back in the summer?

Akire Wed 08-Jun-16 12:43:58

is this like Harry Potter series , part five things get tougher but in the end Voldemort will die!

Love new name, course sounds really positive too can only help give you more skills to get through July!

MoKoKo Wed 08-Jun-16 12:44:43

Hiya, yes still here! I don't know about the strong part though. Mini dips and wobbles aplenty, but busy enough to distract from all of that. Enjoying the last few weeks before the shit hits the fan! So not much in the way of news really.

PhoenixReisling Wed 08-Jun-16 12:45:30

I've had CBT and it really helped me.

MoKoKo Wed 08-Jun-16 12:47:38

No set date yet but end of July-ish.
Not heard back from bloody mediator either...but I've not been thinking about that for a while.
Akire...I hope you are right that by the end of this something will have bloody changed!
Heard lots of positive things about CBT, good to know Phoenix that it helped you.

Joysmum Wed 08-Jun-16 13:47:38

Glad I've found you again Mo. Great title for the thread flowers

Grumpyoldblonde Wed 08-Jun-16 15:55:37

Yo Mo, found you! Great name for the latest and maybe last thread? Not that I want to see the back of you of course, just that I look forward to a positive resolution in the not too distant future, oh how the wine will flow. KOKO

BoatyMcBoat Wed 08-Jun-16 17:12:32

Yay! Love your name!

I've heard good things about CBT from everyone I know who's ever used it/had it (and that's a lot of people, over the last 20 odd years). Good luck with it.

cakestar

OrlandaFuriosa Wed 08-Jun-16 17:21:10

Great, well done. We will KOKO with you...

DoreenLethal Wed 08-Jun-16 19:26:06

Hello Mo.

Glad to hear you sounding so light and fluffy these days.

notapizzaeater Wed 08-Jun-16 19:41:20

You're bound to have highs and lows, let's hope the highs are overtaking the lows x

Dungandbother Wed 08-Jun-16 22:34:00

Still with you Mo and yay to CBT
I highly recommend it!

Barmaid101 Thu 09-Jun-16 01:26:10

Go mo!

glad2016 Thu 09-Jun-16 01:32:15

Go MO!

mix56 Thu 09-Jun-16 06:31:01

How did the CBT go ?

MoKoKo Thu 09-Jun-16 09:21:01

CBT is tonight

Joysmum Thu 09-Jun-16 10:11:41

Good luck. I was warned that I'd feel much worse before I felt much better

It was that I felt all my problems and weaknesses were laid bare and only after they were identified could the work start on how to change and cope better with them. Until then, I felt even more defenceless and weak than I did before.

I'm so glad I was warned of this before hand as I stuck with it through that dark time and things improved.

I'm glad you're getting CBT quickly, I had to wait over 8 months for mine to start sad

MoKoKo Thu 09-Jun-16 10:40:03

Thanks for the warning Joy. I do feel a bit like that, like I'm brushing all the fear/anxiety/stress under the carpet and I know I will have to confront and deal with it eventually and it won't be pretty. It's not my fault it's not being dealt with now and I wish it were as I just want to move on. But very conscious of it bubbling beneath the surface.

Joysmum Thu 09-Jun-16 10:59:41

I honestly thought I'd break but I'd written a letter to myself predicting it and giving myself supportive words.

I was so close to not going back and trying to bury it all again to cope. I'm so glad I didn't but it's the hardest thing I've ever done.

BoatyMcBoat Thu 09-Jun-16 13:09:13

Good on you Joy. Good luck Mo; Joy's strategy of writing a letter to herself sounds good.

SendTheNextOneIn Thu 09-Jun-16 14:32:32

Hi Mo,

Long time lurker, first time poster on your threads. I have been following your story from the beginning and just wanted to say a big massive 'WELL DONE' for surviving your journey so far. You seem an entire world away from the person who first came and posted 'is this right?' all that time ago.

I have nothing but well wishes for you and your children, and I hope the final part of your journey into your new life of freedom from what you have been subjected to is as stress-free as possible. Your ex is a tool of the highest order, and does not deserve anything from you but contempt.

lots of love xx

MoKoKo Thu 09-Jun-16 15:09:35

Thank you, Sendthenextonein! I don't know if I'm going to be any stronger when I actually have to face him at the next hurdle, but all I do know is I am totally happy with my life without him in it and that should probably be one of the things I need to keep hold of.

It's hard though when nostalgia creeps in, as I have so many reminders of good times, holidays, trips etc all around me - especially with people talking about the summer now/ It's tough to think we'll never have another family holiday again.

Bit of a contradiction, saying those things, one after the other, I know. It doesn't really make sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now