Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Has anyone ever got divorced and then got back with their ex husband?

(11 Posts)
ShyCharles Tue 07-Jun-16 22:36:14

I left my husband almost 3 years ago, things were difficult with 4 DDs and him working a lot and I was depressed. Something had I change so I left him and we are now divorced.

We see each other quite a bit because of the DDs but recently I have been going round his house with them and we have been getting on really well.

We have talked a lot and decided to take thinks very slowly and see what happens, I think not living together will make a huge difference.

Has anyone else ever got back with an ex husband? We were married for 18 years and have both had other boy/girlfriends during our time apart.

19701j Tue 07-Jun-16 23:11:21

So what are you thinking of doing living apart or getting back together? Will that not be a bit confusing to the Dds....

iremembericod Tue 07-Jun-16 23:15:50

My friend got married twice to the same person.

Oh and got divorced twice too. wine

Northernlurker Tue 07-Jun-16 23:21:27

Somebody I work with did this. They are very happy now. However their kids were older. I think you need to be very, very careful if you have younger kids still living at home.

RiceCrispieTreats Tue 07-Jun-16 23:26:22

What, if any, fundamental shift has taken place in your personalities, life choices, or circumstance?

Because if there hasn't been some significant change by one or both of you -- if you're still essentially the same people in essentially the same lives -- then it's just going to be the same thing as last time.

Czerny88 Tue 07-Jun-16 23:33:56

Elizabeth Taylor?

TheNaze73 Wed 08-Jun-16 07:37:10

I believe if you can split up once, you can split up again

Toffeelatteplease Wed 08-Jun-16 07:45:45

I do think you need to work out what the problems were that led you to split in the first place and what has changed. FWIW I fully believe not living together can make a massive difference.

I know a couple who divorced probably in the 50s but other that for a few short years around the divorce seem to act as a very happy married couple now in their 70s.

SandyY2K Thu 09-Jun-16 01:11:30

Not me personally but I have family friends that have.

In one case they divorced for a second time as he was physically abusive.

Another couple - they are happy together. He left for an OW the first time.

It's very possible to work out as you have a little more age and wisdom.

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Thu 09-Jun-16 06:13:36

Judge Judy did! Don't quote me but I'm sure she divorced her husband as she was going through a difficult time after her mother died and then they remarried a few (4/5?) years later and have been happy together ever since.

Familylawsolicitor Thu 09-Jun-16 06:17:23

I'm a divorce lawyer and it's happened to a couple of my clients

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now