Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would this mean it's over?

(15 Posts)
Rachelhampton29 Sun 05-Jun-16 17:12:25

I don't see my life with dh, I'm sometimes in love with him then I just don't want anything to do with him, it's been like this a year. I thought I could get through it and be happy but I can't and I'm just waiting for something to go wrong. Last year he contacted a local prositute and I thought we could move on but I honestly can't see forever with him. I also don't feel connected with him and sometimes sex just feels awkward. Should I walk away?

SfaOkaySuperFurryAnimals Sun 05-Jun-16 17:20:39

Personally that would be it for me, you will never trust him and life is far too short. Sorry your in this situation. flowers

Rachelhampton29 Sun 05-Jun-16 18:59:20

Thank you, I thought that would be the answer. I don't trust him at all

peppatax Sun 05-Jun-16 19:00:27

Time to move on... It's very hard to get trust back especially when you can't see yourself with him forever

Rachelhampton29 Sun 05-Jun-16 19:03:18

He says he wants to be by my side forever etc tbh I feel nothing when he says it, I don't even feel excited to see him anymore and when he's unwell I can't feel sympathetic for him.

Reindeerlily Sun 05-Jun-16 19:05:12

You have to leave. Life is too short to be unhappy. I've been there, I'm now a million times happier. flowers

Rachelhampton29 Sun 05-Jun-16 19:07:08

When my grandmother was ill in hospital I went to see her and he made me feel shit when I come home because he was left with the kids and couldn't get anything done in the house. I never forget that, his own grandmother is very poorly and I can't bring myself to support him at all

ImperialBlether Sun 05-Jun-16 19:09:34

Time for him to go, I think.

Once he slept with a prostitute that would be enough for me.

Oddsocksgalore Sun 05-Jun-16 19:23:26

Get free of this cheating scum op x

Finola1step Sun 05-Jun-16 19:24:46

It sounds like the marriage is done.

CrazyDuchess Sun 05-Jun-16 19:30:24

Yup another one agreeing there doesn't seem to be a way forward here.

Life it too short and you deserve to be happy xx

Rachelhampton29 Sun 05-Jun-16 19:47:19

I think I knew deep down I just wanted to hear someone else say it....

SandyY2K Sun 05-Jun-16 19:59:20

The prostitute would end my marriage. I will never be with a man who sinks that low, it's disgusting to me.

DownstairsMixUp Sun 05-Jun-16 20:03:02

No get rid. He stepped over the mark.

Rubberduck2 Sun 05-Jun-16 20:09:26

You have tried but ultimately his betrayal has destroyed your feelings towards him and your relationship.

I suspect you would be much much happier without him.

He sounds like he may try and pile on the guilt if you tell him it's over but he created this issue - don't forget that when the time comes.

I felt very much like you - and eventually my ex because so vile he made it an easy choice for me to kick him out (I found out about his affair a few days later). I clearly remember the first night I was alone with DD in the house, and my god it was bliss. It was like a weight has been lifted. I was happily single for 4 years then met an amazing man.

Life is short - and also precious. Make the most of yours xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now