Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Blind date... Now what?

(7 Posts)
Shouldknowbetter2015 Sat 04-Jun-16 17:27:58

I went on a blind date with a friend of a friend last night. We are both divorced, so all above board. It went really well, loads to talk about,lots of laughing, no awkward silences. We had a quick hug before saying good bye. I texted this morning to say thanks, he texted back to say he'd really enjoyed it. So what do I do now??? Do I wait til he contacts me again? I'm not going to push it (appearing desperate has been my past downfall), whilst I would like to see him again because I did really enjoy his company, I'm not losing sleep over whether I do or not. Advice please?

IthinkIamsinking Sat 04-Jun-16 17:37:04

Leave it a day or two then ask him if he wants to meet up again.

TheNaze73 Sat 04-Jun-16 18:09:09

If you want to see him again. Ask him. And then leave it until the next date. Don't get caught in text tennis between dates

justdontevenfuckingstart Sat 04-Jun-16 18:12:07

Just text him and say I really enjoyed that if you are free next week I would love to do it again, let me know if you would like to aswell. If not then that's fine. Just ask.

ALaughAMinute Sat 04-Jun-16 18:22:27

I like men to do the chasing so I'd wait for him to contact you.

Shouldknowbetter2015 Sat 04-Jun-16 18:32:36

Thanks for your replies! I'm kind of torn between what Alaughaminute said I.e. Let him do the chasing (then you know whether he really is interested) & what the rest of you said about contacting him to ask if he wants to do it again. Bloody hell, it's a minefield isn't it?!

wobblywonderwoman Sat 04-Jun-16 18:40:16

i think you made a move and thanked him. Don't be pushy. Just have lots going on and keep being yourself. wait now for an invite I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now