Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I've met someone and I'm going to ask him out

(1003 Posts)
ProfessorPickles Fri 03-Jun-16 22:50:09

Here it is sports fans, the follow on thread from "I've met someone and want to ask him out" with a more encouraging title, ready for when that one fills up which is happening at a surprising rate!

Everyone join back in and we will pick up where we've left off smile

Another 1000 posts of endless babble highlighting our inevitable ups and downs.
Let's hope there's a few happy endings before we max this one out too grin

Lilacpink40 Fri 03-Jun-16 22:50:55

Yaygrin

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 22:53:14

Thank you Prof!

Double posting this answer to Heaven sent Sweeney incase he didn't read it on the tail end of the last thread.

You are making me feel so happy Sweeney. Goodness, what a star you are. And please say hello to your wife!

My eldest daughter is amazing. She is twenty, stunning and hugely bright. Her father, at least, gave her some very special genes. I'm grateful that his absence has not prevented her from becoming a passionate and hardworking young woman.

OK, I think your advice has nailed it for me. I must pluck up the courage!

Perhaps you could come along with me Sweeney? Would your wife loan you out for a couple of days? There are direct flights to Tours and the garage is about six minutes drive away.

And then, we could go sort out PGtips and Prof together!

YerTiz Fri 03-Jun-16 22:59:31

Another lurker here cheering you all on <waves pom-poms>

SweeneyToddFlyingSquad Fri 03-Jun-16 23:00:20

THIS...am not married lol...we don't even live together...she has her life...I have mine and we meet in the middle...she wouldn't mind at all borrowing me lol...
Prof...you need to get your mate who knows tutor and get them to tell him how obvious hecis when you are around and vice versa...but he doesn't know that your friend is doing it on your behalf if that makes sense

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 23:01:53

The delights of having a friend to help out, Prof. Sweeney's idea is ace!

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 23:03:14

I have a handful of friends threatening to go to the garage on my behalf. But I think I have to be a grown up and do it all on my own, right Sweeney?

With the help of my beautiful red dress PGtips!

ProfessorPickles Fri 03-Jun-16 23:04:21

I'm officially moving over too, just left you a message on the old one This! Not sure I can copy it on my phone!

That is a good idea Sweeney, I'll chat with her and see how she responds to what I tell her then play it by ear grin I'm so excited about all of this!

Loving the pom-poms Yer! smile

SweeneyToddFlyingSquad Fri 03-Jun-16 23:06:33

I think we have two very different scenarios here which need different handling...This...you have to take the bull by the horns and yes the red dress will nail it...profs prof will need help from profs friend as our prof I think will keep putting it off...prof if you in the north east I'll come and help...and Pg I haven't forgotten you but I need to read up on your situation as I've been too engrossed with these two...please forgive me

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 23:06:57

Pom-poms yay! Can we have some blue ones like car mechanic overalls please? What colour would you fancy Prof?

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 23:08:00

Oh Sweeney you are wonderful. You've put a smile on my face!

SweeneyToddFlyingSquad Fri 03-Jun-16 23:08:31

Oh oh...Pom poms....brings back embarrassing moments when I got dressed up as a cheerleader in the pub...and the pics found themselves round work blew up on A 4 ....ouch lol

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 23:09:10

The black dress seemed to work a treat last time, Sweeney. It's all a bit stereotypical really!

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 23:10:17

I'm laughing manically again, thank you Sweeney.

A male cheerleader. Revolutionary.

SweeneyToddFlyingSquad Fri 03-Jun-16 23:10:24

Right girls...got to have shower and I'm up at six in the morning...keep me posted...I need my daily fix lol

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 23:11:02

Night, night Sweeney and thank you again!

ProfessorPickles Fri 03-Jun-16 23:11:40

I'm going for checked pom-poms please grin he wears checked shirts sometimes. GOD don't let him be reading this blush

I'll ask him out, it'll all go swimmingly. I'll walk down the aisle on our wedding day and he'll say "I do, professor pickles" and then the world will implode.

I'm in Yorkshire Sweeney! Where abouts are you from??

ProfessorPickles Fri 03-Jun-16 23:12:24

Goodnight Sweeney! Thanks for joining us, you've given me a chuckle this evening smile x

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 23:18:19

And he's made me a little dizzy Prof! I'm so relieved to have had his male opinion.

This is bonkers.

I cannot believe there are real people out there reading our insane rantings.

You, dear Prof are, of course, the real star of the show. Never forget that.

SweeneyToddFlyingSquad Fri 03-Jun-16 23:21:17

I'm back...just while I dry off...prof...am just outside of durham.......and I do hope I get an invite to both weddings lol

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 23:24:44

I love Durham! My daughter got a place at uni there.

Can I get one very last question in here Sweeney, please?

Why show the signs (hand touching, etc) and not do the asking out? Is he hoping I'm going to do it? And how do I get round his boss and wife lurking when I ask him out?

Actually, that's three questions.

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 23:25:37

Feel free to answer tomorrow Sweeney. You need your beauty sleep.

ProfessorPickles Fri 03-Jun-16 23:26:56

This, that is extremely sweet! I hope I come back with a lovely finish to all of this and that you do too.

I'm laid in bed looking for that killer dress (I have an image in my head of exactly how I want it) and I keep thinking about him. He's absolutely wonderful and I bloody hope he is doing the same. Probably not looking for a killer dress though... grin

Mechanic man could be thinking about you as we speak!

Vintage1996 Fri 03-Jun-16 23:27:36

star

ThisIsTheRightTime Fri 03-Jun-16 23:27:47

Seriously, the black dress worked wonders last time Prof.

This thread is not accepting new messages.