Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

good books on in-law relationships

(3 Posts)
ipsogenix Tue 31-May-16 05:08:55

Hi,

I wondered if the experts out there could list their favourite books on how to mend in-law relationships? I have been reading this one:

www.amazon.co.uk/What-Do-You-Want-Laws/dp/0393338533

and finding it very helpful.

I keep seeing on the relationship forum that a "an IL problem is not an IL problem, it's a DH problem" and I have enlisted DH to help with the ILs, and he is trying. However, I am rapidly coming to realise that he has no more idea of what to do than I do.

I wondered if anyone could give us some good pointers, or good book recommendations?

Ta!

AnneLovesGilbert Tue 31-May-16 22:26:30

Sorry you're having a tough time. Having your DP on side in trying to tackle the in laws is something but if he's up against a lifetime of wonky family dynamics it won't be easy.

This book is a gem. Hope you find it helpful. It's often recommended on MN.

Toxic In-Laws: Loving Strategies for Protecting Your Marriage www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0060507853/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_neGtxb3W7PHER

ipsogenix Thu 02-Jun-16 20:17:21

Thanks for that. I'll have a look. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now