Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Books/resources re difficult relationship with father

(4 Posts)
SpaceUnicorn Sun 29-May-16 20:50:56

After a fairly difficult Sunday lunch with my parents today, I've concluded that I need to address my relationship with my father. He's unpleasantly argumentative, and quite disparaging/insulting about anything I say, and at the ripe old age of 45 I feel like it's time to handle this like a grown woman, rather than retreating back into being a little girl. sad

Any books/websites/other useful resources that anyone can recommend, please?

Aussiebean Sun 29-May-16 23:29:04

Look at the first page of the stately homes thread. There are really good sources there. That will get you started.

Good luck.

Bangingonmybongos Mon 30-May-16 06:12:04

Is it too early to mention Lundy Bancroft? I'm sure you'll find bits in there you can relate to.

SpaceUnicorn Mon 30-May-16 14:59:28

Thank you, Aussie and Banging, I'll check those out. Just so exhausted by fielding the same attacks for almost half a century sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now