Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Secrets - how good are you at kerning them?

(12 Posts)
LogOUT Sun 29-May-16 10:40:52

If asked to - can you? Or are you compelled to tell just one person to share your burdon?

LogOUT Sun 29-May-16 10:41:28

Keeping them* blush

awhfuck Sun 29-May-16 10:42:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Creasedupcrinkle Sun 29-May-16 10:47:30

grin

Tiggeryoubastard Sun 29-May-16 10:58:15

Why are you asking? hmm

LogOUT Sun 29-May-16 11:08:06

What paper is this going to be in? hmm grin no paper, just genuinely interested.

I've been in a situation recently where I have felt brave enough to offload a secret or two - very personal to me where ive thought if i dont say something to someone i would implode - only for it to be shared amongst others which has really disappointed me

Trills Sun 29-May-16 11:09:30

If it's the one of information where the pressure of not telling makes you feel pulls you'll implode then you are asking a lot of someone to share that burden.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Sun 29-May-16 11:10:35

Awful. Truly.

I do warn people.
"can you keep a secret majestic"

Me' can i fuck! dont trust me'

TwentyCupsOfTea Sun 29-May-16 12:16:10

I can. I think people find me easy to talk to and are always telling me their secrets. I never share but sometimes wish I had not been told. It can be very pressured when you are the only person who knows a big secret - a bad one.
nice secrets - like upcoming planned suprises are harder to keep because they are enjoyable things! But I never tell!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Sun 29-May-16 12:35:07

I can and do. Lots of people tell me things because they know it will go no further. I will take the secrets to my grave...

Some colleagues though, don't understand what 'confidential' means. They put that - 'Eyes Only' on things like pricing for quotations that DO need to be passed on... I would never tell them anything other than the correct time as they obviously have scant regard for what terms mean.

Heyheyheygoodbye Sun 29-May-16 12:36:34

I can if I remember it's a secret blush

FarelyKnuts Sun 29-May-16 12:39:17

I'm like a vault.
Although I do think half the time is because I forget what people have told me! But no, I never feel the urge to tell people if I'm holding someone else's secrets.
And I must give that vibe, because people seem to tell me an awful lot of personal stuff. Even when I don't want to know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now