Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

wedding ideas/venues

(7 Posts)
wedfan1 Sat 28-May-16 22:15:32

Hi everyone.
So im looking for ideas for our wedding
We want a small intimate wedding maybe with just myself groom and our small children. Maybe a few close friends or family. Something small though.
We plan to celebrate with everyone else separately.

Anyone done anything super special/beautiful/perfect.

Home or abroad.

Ideas and pics more than welcome

Thank you!

VeryFoolishFay Sun 29-May-16 01:31:27

My DH and I got married here - www.crearweddings.co.uk

It was lovely! Just the two of us in the cottage with the photographer and the Florist (husband and wife) as witnesses. In the evening, the crear team cooked us a beautiful meal, brought it in one course at a time. Plus there's a Michelin starred restaurant a few miles away.

It was all beautiful, very relaxed and intimate.

bert3400 Sun 29-May-16 08:46:10

We got married here (2 years today) . It was stunning . Our family stayed with us in the house. And our friend rented apartments/villas around sitges . We had a wedding planner and she had some amazing ideas . How exciting to be organising such a fantastic event

www.homeaway.co.uk/p425031

wedfan1 Sun 29-May-16 11:47:08

They are both beautiful.
Was your wedding planner local?! Or based in Barcelona? X

bert3400 Tue 31-May-16 16:15:56

Hi

She was based in Sitges ( just outside Barcelona ) www.philippaevents.com

sugarplumfairy28 Tue 31-May-16 16:27:09

When DH and I were looking at renewing our vows we were looking at alternative venues. One that stuck out, was being able to hire basically a beautiful tipee, sized to suit your needs. If you're looking at really really different you are more than welcome to steal my favourite atm (because we live near it) which is a castle in Germany. www.schloss-marienburg.de/

Mumandmama Tue 31-May-16 16:28:24

Have a look at hitchin lavender farm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now