Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What a mess

(5 Posts)
Canihaveanamechange Wed 25-May-16 22:09:37

I am in love with my ex but I don't want to be with my ex. We're friends and it's taken a long time to get to this point, he isn't the type of man I want to be with but I don't want to be with anyone else.
There's no one else on the horizon and I don't know if there ever will be, I don't seem to be the type of woman that men want to be in a relationship with. I'm so sad I'm so lonely I'm so scared I'll never find anyone else and will have to stand back and watch as he moves on.
I also have this feeling (I'm not woo) that he will come back to me and even though I don't want to be with him I really want him to come back to me. He's shown me no indication that he will come back to me I have this constant thought that he will.
I need help.

Oddsocksgalore Wed 25-May-16 22:17:48

Oh op you sound so down.

How long since you split up?

You will meet someone else and of course you the type of woman a man would want!

Canihaveanamechange Wed 25-May-16 22:21:10

I am down.

It's been nine months.

I don't believe I will.

Oddsocksgalore Wed 25-May-16 22:27:49

Yes you will, we all feel like that when a relationship ends, I know I did.

why did the relationship end?

Canihaveanamechange Wed 25-May-16 22:30:32

He didn't want to be in a relationship anymore. He was busy with work and his family (parents and sisters) and there was no time left for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now