Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feeling unsure

(1 Post)
LuluJakey1 Wed 25-May-16 21:05:59

DH and I have been married almost 7 years and together 8. Are both 37. Have DS 17 months. Have been very very happy together. Get on really well, like each other a lot, talk lots, make each other laugh, been very secure together. Trust is good. Always had good sex life. Comfortably off. DH wants us to TTC again. I don't want to.

In the last few weeks I seem to have lost an emotional connection to him. I am just finding him irritating and feel like he is a bit self-obsessed. We usually have sex 3 or 4 times a week, the last few times I have felt nothing. It's bizarre. It has never happened before but I am not the least bit turned on physically or mentally. I have no reaction other than wanting it to be over. I don't look at him and get that feeling I have always had. I find myself looking at him quite dispassionately and wishing I had the house to myself and that me and DS could just get on with things.

He is a lovely dad- really hands on and he adores DS.

I think he knows I am feeling a bit off with him. I don't want to cuddle up to him or kiss him and I am spending more time by myself in the other sittng room rather than sit where he is. I feel like I want some space and room to myself. I keep thinking about what it would be like to be apart from him and am finding the idea quite appealing to be honest.

The only time I have ever felt anything like this is when I was pregnant and had a funny couple of weeks and would have liked him to live on another planet rather than this one.

Do you think it might just be a phase?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now