Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

'Sorry love I've not drunk enough grog to 'do' you.' 😳

(46 Posts)
MissusWrex Wed 25-May-16 18:33:48

Dp said this to me about an hour ago, he'd just come back from his uncles funeral.

I mentioned that he looked damn good in his suit. He made a suggestive comment about tomorrow. So I asked wh

TheoriginalLEM Wed 25-May-16 18:38:44

wtf?

MissusWrex Wed 25-May-16 18:39:22

Oh crap bloody phone!

Anyway I asked why not tonight and got the beautiful reply above.

Followed by a lot of stuttering about how he didn't mean it like that...he just meant he couldn't relax his inhibitions without a drunk.

I'm currently bouncing between incredulously furious and extremely hurt but outwardly am very calm.

Am I overreacting? I have asd so it's not always easy for me to tell.

We have autistic dd (3) and have just had ds ( 6 weeks old on Friday). I already felt fat, frumpy and a bit down, this just felt like a punch in the stomach emotionally.

It sounded to me like he was saying he needs to get drunk now to fancy me/ be romantic. Or that he can't relax with me...after knowing me ten bloody years!

AnyFucker Wed 25-May-16 18:39:45

Love's young dream, eh ?

MargotLovedTom Wed 25-May-16 18:41:34

So every time you've had sex in the last decade he's been drunk or has had a drink?

I'd be hurt by that comment too.

wobblywonderwoman Wed 25-May-16 18:41:39

Congrats on your new baby.

what the actual fuck. Horrible pig of a man

RavioliOnToast Wed 25-May-16 18:42:20

What a cunt.

Oddsocksgalore Wed 25-May-16 18:42:36

He's just buried his uncle love, relax eh.

Costacoffeeplease Wed 25-May-16 18:43:25

What a peach confused

I wouldn't be impressed by that at all

Gazelda Wed 25-May-16 18:43:34

You're not over reacting. What he said was shitty and it'd take me a long time to forget.

MissusWrex Wed 25-May-16 18:43:35

Not so young 😄

I've read relationships and I know how this goes. You must believe me when I say he's not a knob and if you'd told me before he'd come out with a line like that I would have called you a liar.

He's my carer. I'm starting to wonder now if this has affected how he feels about me. I still think he's absolutely gorgeous and certainly wouldn't need a drink sad

Oddsocksgalore Wed 25-May-16 18:44:05

I just read your op again.

He's upset about his uncle and you want to get your rocks off!

RattusRattus Wed 25-May-16 18:44:36

Hmmm, not sure about this. On the face of it it's a really bloody, shitty thing to say. On the other hand, he might be feeling quite strung out after having buried a member of his family and not thinking quite straight. I think it is more the former than the latter. However, I expect he'll say it's the latter in the cold light of day when (and I hope it's when, not if) you confront him, to try and dig himself out of it.

BTW I'm impressed you're up for DTD so soon after having a baby - there's no way I'd have had the confidence or the libido to even suggest it!

MissusWrex Wed 25-May-16 18:45:15

No that's just it Margot.

Normal sex life until ds was born. I had a cesarean so there's been nothing since then.

But unless he's a very good hidden drunk he certainly didn't have to be before to 'do' me!

GrimmauldPlace Wed 25-May-16 18:46:43

I disagree oddsocks, if he had said "I'm too upset" "I'm not in the mood today" or something similar then fair enough. To say he isn't drunk enough to have sex with his partner is just nasty. Grief or no grief. No need to be a wanker.

Dozer Wed 25-May-16 18:47:10

Very shitty thing to say to you, especially when you've just had a baby.

Why is he your "carer"?

MissusWrex Wed 25-May-16 18:47:13

Oddsick I don't expect him to have sex with me if he doesn't want to.

I just complemented him on his appearance. He made the first suggestive pass but mentioned it being tomorrow as in 'tomorrow I'll...etc.'

Then he said that!

I certainly don't pester him but I've always been a sucker for a suit and wouldn't have said no grin

Oddsocksgalore Wed 25-May-16 18:54:39

If he's otherwise a nice chap then I'd let it go.

MissusWrex Wed 25-May-16 18:55:31

Dozed I have asd and dyspraxia and an extremely high pain threshold which means I don't notice when I've injured myself. I can't be left on my own, disaster ensues (that's not an exaggeration)

Ok a bit of background.

My mum was my carer until a year or so ago. But then she had to get a job because she needed the money.

My Dad tried looking after me for a while but he is very old and quite unwell so that didn't go great for either of us. ( While he was sleeping I stupidly went to make a cup of tea, dropped the kettle and didn't realise until dp got home that I'd seriously scalded my stomach/legs)

So dp have up work to care for me because he said it was too dangerous.

We both post on here. He is very loving and supportive.

I know it's probably the funeral messing him up but now I'm wondering if he meant it as in being my carer has made him fancy me less.

MissusWrex Wed 25-May-16 18:56:12

He is a nice man.

It just really really hurt.

Oakmaiden Wed 25-May-16 18:59:49

Do you think maybe he meant it as a joke, but it just came out all wonky and completely not funny.

I have done this before.

MissusWrex Wed 25-May-16 19:00:56

Perhaps Oakmaiden I'm not the best at picking up on subtle humour.

Oddsocksgalore Wed 25-May-16 19:01:56

Don't wreck your own head op. If I had just buried someone sex would be the last thing on my mind.

Are you sure you didn't hear him wrong?

AnyFucker Wed 25-May-16 19:06:50

if you both post on here have you started this thread so he will see it ?

winchester1 Wed 25-May-16 19:08:00

He has just come home from a funeral he isn't in the mood (not to mention new baby, lack of sleep etc I'd assume if you can't be left alone he is doing all baby care and your care, night feeds etc), tbh if this was the other way round a man complimenting his wife who was over tired and just home from a funeral, and sad they didnt want to have sex, I think being told to get a grip would be the calmest of reactions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now