Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I kind of hate everyone

(11 Posts)
Fluffyseagull Tue 24-May-16 20:53:40

I hate everyone in short and I know it's not normal but can't seem to change it.
Parents drive me mad. They're fairly young (60s) but are becoming demanding and are desperate for grandchildren which I'm meant to produce. Guess what? I have fertility issues! Great! No way can I tell them as I'll get the sad eyes it's all about us poor grandchild less people oh fuck off.
Friends just talk about themselves all the time they're boring and I really want to cut contact with them. God strangers in the street irritate me!

Fluffyseagull Tue 24-May-16 20:55:07

I wonder why I'm like this? Could it be when I was younger my mum use to make me apologise over and over again until I was hysterical and once wet myself I was so terrified ? Now I have to apologise for being me, for being infertile, for being not good enough

Goingtobeawesome Tue 24-May-16 20:56:53

You are good enough and whoever says you aren't is the one who is inadequate.

Fluffyseagull Tue 24-May-16 20:57:59

I'm going to move away. Everything is too close and claustrophobic. I just want to cut ties with people

MuttonCadet Tue 24-May-16 20:58:09

You sound really unhappy.

I think you need to change things n your life to make you happier, I did a couple of years ago and it's amazing how much more tolerant of other people I've become. (Everyone's a lot friendlier as well).

SoleBizzz Tue 24-May-16 20:58:17

You need therapy to help feel OK with who you are and to come to terms with your fertility.

Fluffyseagull Tue 24-May-16 20:59:47

I'm ok,not having kids actually I just think whatever. It's other people asking all the time having no clue.

RiceCrispieTreats Tue 24-May-16 21:08:42

Move away if specific people are causing you distress, sure. But you won't be able to run away from the feelings inside, and you might find yourself still feeling inadequate even on your own on a desert island.

Would you consider talking about these feelings of inadequacy with a therapist? Get them out in the open, take a good look at them, see where they spring from, and shake them around.

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Tue 24-May-16 21:11:03

Ugh, I'm with you fluffy. People always commenting, judging, having opinions on my life and my choices. Me feeling like I have to defend myself every time I move. Or worse, not being able to openly defend myself because they don't actually voice it, it's the looks, the PA comments, the 'atmosphere'.

Sick of it.

Shall we live next door to each other in a forest and never speak? Just nod each morning to know the other is there should we run out of milk?

I do often really just dislike being around people. It can be exhausting.

Disengage as much as you can. You're the lead role in your life flowers

timelytess Tue 24-May-16 21:11:19

Are you getting counselling? Get onto it. You could be a lot happier. It takes work but it can be effective.

I think you need a hug, too. Have some flowers

Joysmum Tue 24-May-16 21:14:10

Generally if I'm happy in myself then others don't affect me.

The more discontent I am myself, the more I look at others to blame for this. I once tried running away for space, only this failed because I took myself with me so didn't get the space I thought I would.

I started therapy after that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now