Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Abusive Relationships

(7 Posts)
Ohb0llocks Wed 18-May-16 14:00:26

Do we have a support thread for people that have successfully got out of/are leaving abusive relationships?

If not, could be a good idea to start one smile I for one think it would be helpful to move on and heal by connecting with other people that have been through the same?

HoursOfFun Wed 18-May-16 14:14:03

Yes please. Only just realising I've been in one and still raw. I'd love to know the stages people go through to recovery and how they trust again.

Ohb0llocks Wed 18-May-16 14:33:52

Glad it's not just me. I'm nearly 2 years out of mine, and happily settled with new DP.

He's still extremely verbally abusive. At the minute he is wanting to see DS after 9 months of nothing but verbal abuse. Scary.

Ijustwannabreakfree Wed 18-May-16 20:53:24

Hey can I please join you? I'm still stuck in mine, trying to muster the strength to gather up my kids and leave 😦

Cocoabutton Wed 18-May-16 21:08:31

Yes, there used to be a long running one with lots of great resources. On phone so can't check, but will have a look tomorrow if I can. Nothing wrong with starting a new one, thoughflowers

Ohb0llocks Fri 20-May-16 12:10:24

Of corse you can join! It was just a suggestion smile

foolonthehill Fri 20-May-16 12:21:52

the old one is here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/2360895-Support-for-those-in-emotionally-abusive-relationships-thread-31

the links are very useful.

it looks like the support part could do with refreshing.

Use the links for your new thread?? or join the old one.

My ex remains manipulative and abusive but I wake up every morning glad that he is not here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now