Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Right, need help not to contact ex, please

(6 Posts)
SilvaCaledonia Tue 17-May-16 17:06:30

My h has been an utter cunt and has now left. It's a long story, just the usual.

I am ok, but when I start to feel anxious and worried my instinct is to contact him. We've been together for twenty years and he would usually be the person I speak to about things.

I need to break the habit! So am turning to MN for hep, as I don't want to bother rl friends too much.

ChristinaParsons Tue 17-May-16 19:44:36

New phone number
New email address
Change the locks
Tell people in real life

SilvaCaledonia Tue 17-May-16 20:10:19

I wish I could, but need to communicate about the dcs

HoppingForward Tue 17-May-16 20:13:27

Do bother real life friends. They will want to be there for you as you would them.

Go for coffee, arrange to pop over and see them, start doing things for yourself that you don't need to tell him about.

ChristinaParsons Tue 17-May-16 21:18:00

You can keep your old phone just for him and turn it off except for when you need contact

hownottofuckup Tue 17-May-16 21:21:03

Just distract! I know what it's like, but unfortunately he isn't your partner or your friend.
The more you continue to look for that from him, the less you will be able to make those bonds else where.
It's hard in the beginning, but keep going and it will get better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now