Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to get through to my ex

(3 Posts)
Jumpman23 Sun 15-May-16 14:53:42

Hey everyone,

I'm sure this is my first post on this site and unfortunately it's not the brightest one to start with

Me and my girlfriend broke up about 3 days ago and usually we leave each other for a day and we make up and then we start again. However this time it's different, she ignored a huge portion of what I text her with, I try to talk to her to sort things out but she's just ignoring me, she tells me she still loves me but because she wants to be alone and she has A-level exams coming up, I love helping her with her revision and she says I help her a lot when I just sit and listen to her and give her feedback etc. However she says she "wants to be alone" something she says quite a lot when we break up. She has been going out a lot, she went to a party last night and has gone straight out again this morning, I'm worried about her.

I'm not like texting her demanding her to be with me, I'm purely asking her how she is, how her revision is going, when I can come over and collect my things.

Do you think she will come round in a few days? I miss her like crazy but I can respect someone may change their mind about wanting s future with someone

I'm in love with her and I can't help but think whilst I'm feeling the lowest I ever have she's replacing me with someone else or having a good time. She is quite a stubborn person so I'm not sure what she feels, she says I'm the love of her life and that I'm her best friend and stuff (when we were together).

I don't necessarily want to move on from her cus she's my first love, she made me feel ways I never have, and talking to anyone else just seems, empty in a way, like there's no point in it kind of

I just need help on how to act and what to do right now, leaving her alone hurts and I miss her more and more but if that's the best way to let her reflect on what she feels then...

Thank you

wannabestressfree Sun 15-May-16 14:54:31

Reported.

RiceCrispieTreats Sun 15-May-16 14:57:33

Move on.

It hurts, but refusing to let go of someone who's told you to stay away is creepy and controlling. Is that who you want to be?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now